Mods

The entire incident last night couldnt have been handled better, we were removing posts just as quick as they were posted. Woulda been 10x quicker if we had the newer version of vb that you can one click remove every post a users made and ban them :p

What happened?

OK theres some good points raised here. I'm going to have a chat in the staff lounge and work a few things out

I think the mods are doing a great job. I think David needs try and get mods in each time zone available. I mean, in total you would get what? Like 12 mods max. Get 2 from the US/Canada area, although idk the Canadian time zones. Get some from Europe, and from Australia. Idk if we are more diverse than this but...
Canada shares pacific/mountain/central/eastern with the US... and then adds atlantic which is 1 hour later than eastern and newfoundland which is 1.5 hours later than eastern.

Meh, do what you have to do...I don't care really...

But on another hand...I'll be telling you that if we don't need mods, then at least, there should be something done about these types of posts...like filtering users. Basically, users should be upped as actual moderators, do the filtering job...like closing threads...suspending the accounds for 24hrs, until the actual mods comes in.

The mods onthis forums are super mods.

I'd like to emphasize the point made by saying that for the last 15 minutes or so no mods have been on.

Yeah, and that brings up another point: We should have a mod or two assigned for weekend duty. Everyone has lives of their own, of course, and considering that this is the weekend, I wouldn't be surprised to find a few of our mods out partying or something like that. Of course, assigning any of our current mods for weekend duty just is not possible, because then they might throw the towel in and say this place is controlling their life.

Just to throw something out here: at 12 AM east coast USA, it is 2 PM in parts of Austrialia, and 4 AM in the UK. It will also be 8 PM on the West coast USA.

So, I propose this: We we are good with eastern time mods (DJ Chris and Thelis if he decides to come back), We have a central time mod who is on a lot (Celegorm) It would be good to get at least one more mod in the US, preferably on the west time zone. Then there's the Australian time zones. When it is midnight here on east coast USA, it is in the afternoon in the land down under, which is why it would be a great idea to have an Aussie mod. We are also good on UK mods (Mark Thorpe, and I forget who else is in the UK. David can even act as a mod if he absolutely had to) where are Kage, G35x, root, Slayer, ~mr mixx~, and 99nasha from? I don't remember.

G35x and 99nasha should probably be let go as mods, as it was stated before, their accounts can be considered security issues.

One problem with getting new mods is that a lot of people are going to want the spot. David also doesn't have time to evaluate everybody. A poll would be the best choice, but before that I think we should get a couple nominations in. I think you should also take into evaluation how much the person cares about the forum and how often they are found online.

Back
Top Bottom