Windows Seven AKA Windows 7

venkatm

Beta member
Anyone here use Windows Seven yet? I know its in its beta phases but I figure some one here has an MSDN subscription :) I'm wondering if i should bother investing in Windows Vista right now or just wait till 2010 when Windows Seven should be released.

use vista until windows 7 is released and even then wait about a year because it's gonna have driver issues after all it's a microsoft product i don't know of a single microsoft os that didnt have issues.

i wish they hadn't made all this changes XP was the greatest os i have ever used, i own 4 copies lol and am about to buy another one! its perfect they just need to modify it. to make it better not vista.

use vista until windows 7 is released and even then wait about a year because it's gonna have driver issues after all it's a microsoft product i don't know of a single microsoft os that didnt have issues.

In fairness driver issues arent MS's fault though you cant possibly expect them to write a driver for every piece of hardware out there thats up to the manufacturers of the products to do
if hardware companies cant write ddrivers fast enough thats their problem no ms's

as for windows vista i would use it for now , also isnt windows 7 going to be run on a touch sccreen interface so i think they will run vista and windows 7 alongside each other as seperate product types

also isnt windows 7 going to be run on a touch sccreen interface so i think they will run vista and windows 7 alongside each other as seperate product types

It will be able to. XP and vista can too with a proper screen and driver.

Microsoft is working to make Windows 7 less intensive than Windows Vista.

I'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Microsoft is working to make Windows 7 less intensive than Windows Vista.

I'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Yeah, I hope it works out. My big want is less HDD used by windows.

I think there'll be more issues when switching to 7 than to Vista though. Think about it, Vista uses a modified kernel from XP, which was modified from 2000 and so on. That's helped keep some compatibility with programs. Windows 7 is a complete re-write of the kernel. Unlike with Vista where we could expect some software to carry over, we can't really say the same about 7.

stability and resources arethe only problems i have fix that and it would be amazing.

well id stick with vista for now. it will last a few years, and theres no need to upgrade in 2010 or whenever straight away

Back
Top Bottom