holy crap i hate dell!!!!

I have an eMachines, but I can safely say I built most of this rig myself. The only original parts are the MOBO, HDD, CPU and DVD drive. Everything else I put in it.

eMachines is owned by Acer, so it is one of the most reliable brands of PC. According to PC Magazine (in 2004) -- "eMachines' low-cost PCs are less likely to need repairs than systems from any other vendor save Apple. Whereas only 9 percent of eMachines desktops less than a year old needed repairs, according to readers, the rates of comparably new systems from Dell and Gateway needing repairs were 11 and 15 percent, respectively. Only 1 percent of all eMachines systems needed to be replaced. This translates into a lower cost of doing business, which helps keep prices down."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1626492,00.asp

finally people who side with me regarding Dell. I have always hated Dell, never owned one myself (never ever would for that matter) but i had worked on my uncle's a couple times as he had troubles.
First of all, as mentioned above, all their shit is cheap...you definitely aren't getting what you pay for at all, and when it breaks, their support line suck A**!
Another problem, was upgrading the system, my uncle needed ram, so we checked what type he needed...did some research on where to get it...and apearntly you have to get it done through dell, as they're the only ones that sell that type of ram (mind you the computer has a few years...not sure if this has changed yet.), so upgrading was way to expensive and way out of our way.

Bottom line is, Dell is cheap and SUCKS! Only Dell i'd even lay my eyes on is the XPS...otherwise....BUILD YOUR OWN PC PPL!!!!

Yeah, but you can't really build a PC with a Q6600 and 3 gigs of RAM for only $500. That is dirt cheap. And it's really building it for less than $400 if you include the copy of Vista Home Premium.

@freestyler105
Not sure what you mean...but if i understand you correctly...building a PC is in many ways cheaper...and best of all, you choose what you put in...and where you buy your parts. And most of all, you know exactly what hardware is going in...aka brand new...and not refurbished or crap.

What I'm saying is that Dell and other PC manufacturers can have really good deals with prices far below what you would pay to build it yourself.

o yes i totally agree with you on that one "freestyler". And ofcourse i understand not everyone can afford to build their own...or perhaps don't know how. But its always better to put together your own build so you know exactly what you're getting.
But i see what you mean...and you're 100% right...

So, I have a question: What gives companies the right to charge a person for telling them how to fix something OVER THE PHONE??!?! They can find out how to do the exact same thing online for free, or even call a local computer store FOR FREE and get instructions on how to fix it. Oh, and if you find it on the internet, it will be easier to understand than the foreign people that run the technical support line at Dell or any PC manufacturer for that matter.

This is what I would like to do: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NmGjq3cLG1g&feature=related -- You have probably seen this video. A soldier calls HP printers for tech support, and they want him to pay to fix it. He destroys the printer. That is bull. Not to mention, the guy should have got any part he needed, and tech support he needed and maybe even a new printer FOR FREE considering he legitimately needed it more than anyone else in the world, probably.

Like I said, I look up how to fix things on the internet. If I can't find it on Google, I usually ask here on the forums.

you ask a very good question LOL. its a scam...for this not so computer savy people...aka people who simply turn the power button on, type on the keyboard...and thats it.
Its a way of getting money really, see us computer people here...know that all problems can be fixed by doing a little google research, or simply posting about it here.

I hate Dell. I mean, who the hell uses the BTX form factor? They only do that so you have to go to Dell and ONLY Dell for parts, as not very many companies use BTX.

Gateway does too. they seem to have more Motherboard issues than dell does at the moment though.

Back
Top Bottom