Do you have a better estimate when forces can come home from Iraq?

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
"No, but that's not too important."

This will be the last thread I am making about John McCain, because the video I am posting will sum up all I have to say about him. This is a serious thread, not like the other 2 I posted about him.

Yesterday (June 12) Keith Olbermann put John McCain's remark about the surge in Iraq into context. In no other way to put it, John McCain was proverbially s**t on by Olbermann.

How stupid is John McCain? EVERYBODY wants the troops out of Iraq. Hell, most of the country wanted the troops out of Iraq BEFORE THE WAR EVEN STARTED! He thinks that it is not too important. He says most of the troops will be out by 2013, but we will be there for 100 years. How the f**k does that happen?

I can't really explain this anymore, but here is the video: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#25130683 on the site, go to the left side and click previously, then go to June 12, then the box beside that, scroll down and click on "Olbermann: McCain Should Know Better"
------
------
On another note, as some of you may already know, NBC anchor Tim Russert died. He was a great news anchor and will be missed. Like Olbermann or even FOX's Bill O'Riley, he was not afraid to express his feelings on national television. RIP.

Tim Russert was a legend. He wasn't afraid to ask hard questions and didn't let partisan beliefs get in the way of his reporting. He will be greatly missed.

Now for McCain. I don't think we can pull out immediately but I hope we get out soon. Things seem to be going better and if this keeps up we should start a slow and steady withdrawal process. Keeping troops there for 100 years.... probably not the best idea unless it's a VERY limited amount of soldiers. Even so, the people want us out and I think we will get out since things are getting better. I just don't see us pulling out right away, and we can't just bring home over 100 thousand troops over night. I'm a McCain supporter, but I will say that he tends to be a little bit out of touch with the people. His stances on net neutrality, energy/gas prices and the war show that he's slightly out of tune with the people. But to be fair, I don't think him or Obama are much affected by gas prices since they probably don't even drive their own cars but are using fundraiser money to go around in buses or jets.

Sheesh. Another "much ado about nothing" media frenzy over a comment by John McCain.

He says most of the troops will be out by 2013, but we will be there for 100 years. How the f**k does that happen?
How long have we had a presence in Japan? Germany? I'm sure we will have a presence there for a very, very long time which is what Mr. McCain was referring to with his 100 year comment. You do realize we have military bases located in the middle east with around 2500 troops not including those in Iraq.

Hell, even Obama can't say when or how many troops can be pulled out of there. He's as uncommitted as anybody on this issue.

Noone knows when we will be coming home from Iraq, and by the way it looks now, we might be there for a while. I know that everyone wants our troops to come home, but thats not our decision to make. I think that if John McCain gets elected president, nothing will change and we will still be fighting in Iraq and losing american lives. It will be up to the democrats to get us out of the war and finally bring our men home where they belong. This war isn't solving anything. We were supposed to have lower gas prices because of it, we were supposed to be getting oil for cheaper because of it...none of that has happened and it's all because of the Republicans.

*No offense to anyone who is a republican

Which democraps would that be Tommy? None of them can commit to a specific time table or strategy to bring them home.

This war isn't solving anything. We were supposed to have lower gas prices because of it, we were supposed to be getting oil for cheaper because of it...none of that has happened and it's all because of the Republicans.
What have you been smoking to come to the belief that gas and oil prices were supposed to go down because of the "war"?

Remember it takes two to tango. It's more a fault of the democraps then the Republicans. They also signed the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq. Without them, it would never had passed. Even the "smartest woman in the world" Hillary Clinton signed it.

I'd like to post something, but I realize that it is not appropriate. But think of the effectiveness of pulling early. Might as well stay and get the job done.

We are not gonna get respect unless we kick some serious ass.

He says most of the troops will be out by 2013, but we will be there for 100 years. How the f**k does that happen?

Sixty+ years after WWII we still have a small presence in Japan to limit their military. We're not fighting a war, but we are enforcing war-end regulations. When you look at that and think about what McCain said, it does make more sense.

Another example if the japan one didn't work for you. We occupied Germany until what the late 80's? Most of the troops were out by then, but we were still there.

Am I happy about 100 years, no. But what he is saying isn't a new concept.

i dont think its exactly bad if forces stay in IRAQ if they alternate the soldiers occasionally. it keeps the economy going and it might be well worth it. having some control in the middle east is going to benefit the united states immensely since everything is currently being done in the middle east.

If we weren't in Iraq, gas wouldn't be 4 dollars a gallon. It still might be over 2.50 a gallon because of world demand, but I can live with that. If the price per barrel of oil continues to rise, then the rest of the stock market will crash.

Back
Top Bottom