Is Price too good??

sykey

Beta member
hello at my supermarket (i know) there is an offer on a desktop that has kinda caught my eye i just would like to know 1. is it any good?? 2. am i getting a steal :)

This is the spec what i know of:

Processor:

AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9500 quad-core processor 2.2ghz

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (OEM Version)
incl. Service Pack 1

3 GB DDR2 Dual Channel Ram

500 GB S-ATA hard drive, 8 MB Cache, super-fast 7200 rpm

NVIDIA® GeForce® 9500 GT High-performance graphics with HDMI connection 256 MB DDR3 SDRAM, DirectX® 10 and
HDCP support

Integrated Blu-ray, HD DVD & DVD Player as well as Dual Layer DVD / CD

8-channel High Definition Audio Out

eSATA Connection

Integrated WLAN IEEE 802.11n Draft:
With up to 300MBit/s, IEEE 802.11b/g compatible

Network controller Gigabit LAN:
10 / 100 / 1000 Mbit/s. on board

Multi Flash Memory Card Reader:

The Price is :£529 you get a mouse and keybored no moniter though

what i would mainly use it for is photo editing and to play games but i really have no idea what my gaming limit would be. i.e can it run cod4 high? also i would like to use video editing software.

Thanks for your help

That's about what it should cost you to build yourself... well with the exception of the Blu-ray (that would be a deal-breaker for me).

I say yes, that is a pretty good price- but then again I don't know shihhhh about pounds.

I recon it should run COD4 just fine, depending on your resolution. 1280x1024 should be on high.

Video editing wouldn't be bad, but you might want to get a 10,000rpm hdd.

1 pound = 2 American dollars, which brings the cost of that rig to 1050 bucks. That is a pretty good deal, considering it is quad core, 3 gigs of ram, and a Blu-ray combo drive.

I would go for it, and be sure you get a nice monitor to go with it :) The drive alone is worth 200 or more USD.

That's not a bad deal. It would do well with photo and video editing. The 9500GT is an entry level card. It should be able to handle COD4 on mid settings.

1 pound = 1.5 American dollars, which brings the cost of that rig to 800 bucks. That is a pretty good deal, considering it is quad core, 3 gigs of ram, and a Blu-ray combo drive.

I would go for it, and be sure you get a nice monitor to go with it :) The drive alone is worth 200 or more USD.
I think you will find with the current exchange rates
1 GBP = 1.94670 USD
and so the cost of this computer is actually
529.00 GBP or 1,029.80 USD

Anyway to the OP is that the medion one from aldi , if so it looks pretty good to me although i havent had a computer from medion myself so i cant really tell you much about their computers personally
but the spec is very good indeed has blu ray player and a hdmi connection so ideal for the living room as a media center PC
not really geared to gaming with the GPU but still should run games at lower res's on high at a push , and the ram is a good amount . Good amount of storage there as well .And the processor is very good there .
most i had was a MP3 player a good few years back by them and that seemed OK and when it broke partially my own fault there they honored their warranty and replaced it for me

Back
Top Bottom