weird problem

jeremyforall

Solid State Member
**MOVED TO PROPER SECTION**

so i was doing a favor for my cousin, who's computer was full of spyware and trojans. i went and downloaded mcafee total protection from a torrent site. it worked perfectly for me and him. but all of a sudden, now when ever you click on a program like aim or add/remove programs you get a box saying "open with" or "not found". its really scary. he thinks i ruined his computer. IE works though. somewhere after the bad files where removed it happened. anyone have any ideas?

Hey! If you had McAfee remove all of the bad files, it's possible that you're missing some of the files that you need to run the programs.. You probably had a pretty bad virus.. If McAfee tells you now that your system is clean, just reinstall the programs that aren't working and then try them again. Hope that helps. :)

Yeah, I bet your viruses affected some pretty important files.. that would be a butt hole virus :D You'll probably have to reinstall everything. Next time look and see what it's actually getting rid of.

Before you reinstall everything try Windows restore and go back up to before you played around, if its you main system files that are missing try putting your system disc in and running a windows repair, when you get your system right and clean make a back up of your system before you start meddling then if you do make a mistake then you can restore to your previous good working state.

Back
Top Bottom