Difference b/w branded and assembled computers

ravikiran1

Beta member
Hi ppl,

Would nebody tell me what the difference is b/w branded and assembled computers??..

One of my friends told me tat there is no difference except branded computers have brand names on it.

But couple of years back my other friend told me tat in branded computers the motherboard and the processor is made in such a way where the processor speed and the bus speed match or they go along with the same speed and
in assembled computers it varies as ppl buy different parts.

For example - in branded computers - if processor speed = 800mhz then bus speed will also be = 800 mhz...
in assembled computers - processor speed and bus speed will not be the same n varies..
Is this true??
Please reply....
Thanks,
Ravi

ummmm no thats not true,

what do you mean by an assembled computer home built ?

well the big difference would be you can choose what you want and dont have to pay someone to assemble it,

for instance £500 or $1000 would get you a computer 3 X as good if you build yourself as apposed to buying from a shop

there is no connection between shop built computers the processor speed and the clock speed

oh ok... so it means that the difference b/w home built and branded computers is only the brand name n price and not the processor or the bus speed??

well obviously theres not one set processor for home or branded computers, technically you could built exactly the same computer as in a shop and only difference would be price,

so it depends on the parts you use and the budget you have

You could say this, though:

Computers that come from the factory (Dell, HP, Sony) are usually optimized as far as their parts go. I'm not talking about matching speeds, but all the parts are made sure to work together perfectly.

In a home-built computer, you'd have to manage compatibility by yourself which can cause trouble for some people. You can't just buy any part and throw it into a case and expect it all to work. Even if you match the parts, you could tweak the system to work even better.

pre built pc's usually come with lots of crapware, such as norton 360, etc.
takes some time to remove it all. they also tend to have crapper hardware (you could build one yourself thats better for the same price).
basically pre builts arnt bad, they just come with lots of rubbish and you will end up paying a bit more.

Ah having a pre-built myself i really dont like it. The ram they gave me overheats at stock, the hard drive does the same thing. But then again maybe they didnt think i was going to run it 24/7..

mine was pre-built and i run my machine for long hours with no issues not every company is bad but you have to do alot of searching before you find the company that's for you

Back
Top Bottom