Car Thread!

It's not that I have anything against the RX8, it's just that at times CF seems to think that it was crafted from the hands of god.

That's because it wasn't. The BMW E30 M3 was crafted by God. There is a reason why it's called "God's Chariot" ;)

ab0d1e3f.jpg

Ooh baby...God sure has a f-ing nice taste in cars. :)

That's all great, and I agree with you on some points, but I would like to point a few things out.

First of all, I am not an expert on the car since I've never owned one, but I know more about it than the average person, including how it does on the track. I race against one. It's fast, but not crafted by the hands of god.

Second, the reason we're acting like we're tired of hearing about the RX-8 is... we're tired of hearing about the RX-8. We've heard about how it stomps everything else in several performance categories several times from several members. That's great.

Third of all, prestige means nothing. Mazdas might have "racing pedigrees" but they are capable of losing, just like anyone else. If you look at the opposite side of the spectrum, take the Focus for example, a cheap-ass slow econobox grocery getter, won both the World Rally Championship manufacturer and driver's titles recently. It certainly wasn't because the car was designed by a racing mastermind, however you could make an argument that it is almost a Mazda chassis... hmm. The Ford chassis on the first gens did very well, too... just not quite #1. There's also an old Datsun 510 that is probably the ugliest piece of junk you will ever see, terrible out of the factory, but absolutely wipes the competition at my races. It just seems to me like most of the die-hard RX-8 guys I've run across are very closed minded.

Alvino... sign me up. I wonder how much those wheels cost. :D

Yeah, E30 M3's go for around $14-20,000 now. I'd rather own that car than almost any modern car today...a pure driver's car. :)

Yeah, seriously...but I wouldn't mind having one with a lot of miles and just rebuilding it as a project car. :)

Yeah, E30 M3's go for around $14-20,000 now. I'd rather own that car than almost any modern car today...a pure driver's car. :)
Wow really that much , they are a lot more common over here in europe , i also like the old BMW's like the end of the 80's and early 90's models

Back
Top Bottom