So I dug up this old laptop...

I'm guessing you're using XP on this.

1. Since I don't have my laptop in front of me to tell you, you've got to get into the customization page of the icons and what-not. If you right-click and go to Properties, I believe it should be in the Appearance tab under some other advanced settings. I will double check for you in a sec.

2. Did you install your own copy of the OS on this laptop, or did it come like this from the factory?

And what specifically is in another language?

It came with windows xp but I just noticed this, I might have done it a while back by mistake...

Everything on the screenshot is all I noticed so far in another language..couldn't tell you what language it was =\

It came with windows xp but I just noticed this, I might have done it a while back by mistake...

Done what? The language thing?

By the way, here's your answer to #1.

Open System Properties in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option, and click Ok.

Done what? The language thing?

Yes the language thing

By the way, here's your answer to #1.

Open System Properties in Control Panel, choose the Advanced tab, and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option, and click Ok.

That didn't work =\

The icon instructions are posted on every single search hit when I look for your problem, so I don't know what to tell you. It SHOULD work.

Try this program: http://www.sillysot.com/
You can control icon preferences and transparency, etc.

And regarding the language, you still haven't answered my question. What programs are in other languages? And again, did you install your own OS over the factory one? You might want to consider doing a reformat.

Back
Top Bottom