Car Thread!

I want to know if the ground clearance will be enough to go over speed bumps, into driveways, etc. And if you can pass emissions with them.

Don't know about ground clearance. My guess for emissions is a no because usually they eliminate cats. There may be another way around it though, like a shorter flex pipe and a small high flow cat. But I can't say for sure.

My car's a 97 Cavalier Rally Sport, which is unfortunately purple with a tiny pink stripe going around the sides. Might not be the most manly automobile, but it does get me to and fro.

And you are smoking something my friend.

Anyone who has driven both, including many magazines and car shows, pick the RX8 over the 350Z. The little .50 sec faster 0-60mph does not make up for the rest of the car. We're talking about comfort, ride, cornering, style(subject to opinion), uniqueness, quality, space, safety, easy to drive hard, ALL for the PRICE you pay.

I like the 350Z, but I am tired of seeing them on every block because people get all creamy over the acceleration. It was designed by a damn American, yet its a Japanese car. The guy who was running Mazda when the RX8 was being designed use to raced cars for a living. His influence definitely shows in the RX8.

I bet 90% of the people who bash the car, have no clue about it besides the name and a quick search on the net. How many of you actually know who created the Rotary engine or when the first one was put into a car?

Like I've said in previous post, I am a car enthusiast, and I will defend the RX8 because I own one, and I test drove plenty of sports cars before I decided to purchase. I wasn't looking for a car that was going to smoke everyone in a straight line. If that were the case, I wouldn't have bought a 350Z either! I purchased this car because after seating in it after a while, I connected with it like no other.

But hey, all of you are entitled to your opinions...........

the 350z is the same price as the rx-8 and overall the 350z is better

350Z FTW!!!

I think this guy did a pretty good job on his RX8:

mazda-rx8-supercar.jpg

I'm just a rotorhead, I don't think the rx8 is that great of a car, I'd take my rx7 over it any day of the week. The kept it a good handling car, but they did sort of pussify the engine without having a forced induction version, but hey did a lot of great things with the design to make it more reliable.

Thats part of the reason why they didn't go FI. If they did, and wanted it to be very reliable, it would've pushed the price of the car way up.

This guy is from Puerto Rico and he is all about Rotory Engines. He has a 3 Rotor Custom Build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGKzL62zD3A

It's not that I have anything against the RX8, it's just that at times CF seems to think that it was crafted from the hands of god.

It's not that I have anything against the RX8, it's just that at times CF seems to think that it was crafted from the hands of god.

Exactly or they just cant stop talking about it... It gets annoying and they bring the car up in other threads.

I agree with Cabbs and NeXuS....if God was a woman, he would not give birth to the RX8 or any vehicle for that matter.....I don't see why people think it's so amazing...it's just another car in the world....

Stock SRT-4 can beat or come very close to stock 350z, RX-8, Mustang GT, etc. For basically half the price. Then again, you're pretty much driving a Neon, but it's an effing fast Neon :p

Back
Top Bottom