Windows 2000

reece2205

Beta member
I currently have Windows 2000 on my computer. It works fine and everything but I just got a new iPod which requires a newer version of iTunes which is not supported by Windows 2000. I just wanted to know if I need to buy the full version of Windows XP Home (the basic edition) or if I need the upgrade version. Is there anywhere I can just pay and download it online or do I need to go to a store and buy it?

upgrade version is cheaper and what you need, if you build computers it may be better to have a full os just in case something happens to that one you can reuse it later but, if you only use this onethen get the upgrade disk man.

But make sure your computer isn't out dates. I don't know what your situation is - if you're running windows 2k because the computer is just that old, but make sure your computer will run XP.

Also, if this system is your primary machine, I wouldn't have the bare minimum. My dad made this mistake :p

oh yeah, especially if your running the xp theme and not the 2000 one, it will take much much more system resources to to do this.

But make sure your computer isn't out dates. I don't know what your situation is - if you're running windows 2k because the computer is just that old, but make sure your computer will run XP.

thought youd know the sig rule by now..........

n e ways the system specs are similar but the truth is far from that, windows 2000 will run fairly decent on 128MB ram and a 500Mhz processor XP wont especially not with SP3

so take that into consideration for my personal use i wudnt put XP on n e thing below 1000Mhz and 512Mb, other people i recomend 256MB RAM and 800Mhz CPU

yep, just post your specs and we can tell you whether it will be good to update or not.

Back
Top Bottom