Power Supply Problem?

Liminator

In Runtime
About 2 weeks ago my 7600 GS started acting up with green dots showing up on videos and games crashing all the time. So I updated the drivers, problem got worse. Uninstalled the drivers completely, no green dots in videos but wasn't able to play any games due to extreme jerkiness in the menu of games like IL-2 Sturmovik. I initially thought it was the card until I noticed most things were fine when I uninstalled the drivers. Also, upon boot-up, one of the LEDs on the front of my computer flashes then goes away after a while. Could this all be a PSU problem? The computers been fine for about 6 moths now.

Motherboard: GA-K8NSC
2 Gigabytes of RAM
7600 GS 512MB AGP 8X
Windows XP
160 GB Hard drive
350 Watt PSU

no the flashes are a nomal hdd activity, maybe monitor related try another video card and another one gfx card dude.

One of the LED lights on the front of the case flashes indicating hard drive activity. It's normal for it to do that especially at boot.

I'm thinking you're having a video card issue, It may either be overheating or just plain going bad. Check to make sure the fan is spinning properly and that it is clear of dust. You could also download nTune to turn the fan speed up to see if that helps.

Not quite sure why, but whenever I go to low-level system tweaks, I never have the option to adjust fan speeds.

even with speedfan (sorry only program i know that does this) have you tried it yet??

yeah thats about the fastest fan rpm you can get but not unheard of generally there around 3000 but fans are designed differently so thats normal.

Back
Top Bottom