Windows XP

spmorgan21

Baseband Member
Alright im going to buy a whole new computer, but it doesn't come with an Operating System (Windows Xp, etc.) So instead of buying a whole new Windows Pack, can I just use the old Windows Xp off my old computer? (I still have the old disk for Windows XP, but its a reinstallation cd for a dell)

Depends. If the key says any computer manufacturer's name on it, no. If you bought a retail copy of it for your old computer then yes.

Just call up India *Coughs*, I mean Microsoft and tell them you want to reinstall windows on a new computer because my old one crashed.

they will charge you about 20 dollars i think for shipping i got a "restore disk" of my old pc and used iit on my new one because the old one crashed.

sadly vista isn't as god as i thought, dx 10 is amazing!!!!! but the system is really unstable and there are a few bugs, in a year it will be really nice.

What happened to SP1? I read an article saying that it really improved performance and stability.

it does people still think vista has bugs.

write me a list of bugs then or dont say it.

ive got vista premium running fine on a celeron with 1Gb RAM

it does people still think vista has bugs.

write me a list of bugs then or dont say it.

ive got vista premium running fine on a celeron with 1Gb RAM

I second that. I thought I would hate it and after a few customizations, vista is actually faster than XP...no joke. Same system and everything. At first I ran into a few hitches, and maybe novice computer users would find them troubling, but I either got advice or figured out how to make some changes myself and now I feel that Vista has tops over XP..I still love XP though. Vista does have a few glitches, but so does XP....

You can try to install off a restore disk like some people mentioned.

And yeah, I guess some people still have trouble with Vista. I love it. :)

Back
Top Bottom