College

seeing as how a lot of you are educated and have experiences with colleges and universities, I was wondering if I could ask maybe your opinion on whether or whether not i would be elligible for certain universities. (no this is not the first place i posted, hahah, i'm not demanding anything, I just want an opinion please):

94-100 = A, 90-93 = B+, 84-89 = B, and so on.
4.00= perfect, 3.00 = B, 3.5 = B+ (without curves and additions because of AP's, 4.00 is the theoretical limit)

my freshman year wasnt so great: 3.429 GPA
2 Honors Classes, Spanish 2, Algebra 1

my sophomore year was awful because of my Chemistry teacher: 3.38 GPA
an Honors Class, AP World History, Spanish 3, Algebra 2

Geometry over the summer

my junior year i'm looking at hopefully a 4.13 GPA
Honors Physics, AP US History, AP English Lang, AP Psychology, Spanish 4, Pre-Cal

my senior year i'm looking at a hard first semester - 4.17 GPA
AP Gov, AP Lit, AP Physics, AP Comp Sci, AP Spanish, and Econ, and Calculus

get SAT = 2200, PSAT = 215

AP World Test = 4
AP US Test = 5
AP English Lang = 4
AP Psychology = 5
AP Spanish = 3
AP Gov = 5
AP Lit = 5
AP Chem = 5
AP Comp Sci = 5
AP Econ = 5

oh umm, i've been in debate all four years - placed regionals in sophomore and junior years. i'm also part of math team.

any shot of Vtech, UVA, or Mellon?
(its a 3.78 overall GPA btw for fresh-thru-senior)

i'm very scared and paranoid at the moment, sorry

SAT: 2200, PSAT: 205
SAT II's (i dont have the exact figures but they're both above 700).
AP World History Test: 4
AP US history test: 5
AP Psychology test: 5
AP English Lang Test: 4
AP Government Test: 5
AP Literature Test: 4
AP Physics Test: 5
AP Spanish Test: 3
AP Economics Test: 5
AP Computer Sci Test: 5

--------
As u see, I did not have a very high GPA in fresh/soph years
You think VTech or UVA would accept me? How about Penn State? Carnegie Melon?

I want to be an engineer, probably mechanical, or maybe computer. anybody have an idea? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah dude. Go for it. Won't hurt to give a shot. You took a lot of AP classes. I'm taking some next year (junior). AP Chemistry, AP Physics (2nd semester will be independently), AP Calculus, and AP US History. At my school there is not curve for AP, and an A is 90-100. Freshmen year I had a 3.9 something and sophomore a 4.0. My top college choice is going to be MIT. Hopefully I'll be able to get in =]

But yeah man, it won't hurt to try. Colleges also look at extracurricular activities, community service, and how unique you are.

Money talks. I know so many stupid people in college so you won't have a problem.

Those 4's might kick you in the ass a bit. These days, the AP exams are so ridiculously easy, colleges only accepts 3s and up. I don't think that your GPA's should be of major concern to you. They were from frosh and soph years, and the colleges MAINLY look at the Junior and first third of Senior year GPA's.

Make sure you have a good interview, and flash some cash. Should get you in.

good luck in getting in a good college i know nothing about the grade system so i can't really advise you but i wish you well.

Back
Top Bottom