Router (Netgear DG834 v3) Issues.

falconmick

Baseband Member
I am having problems with my Netgear DG834 v3, when I goto port forward it, I can do everything except for one thing that www.PortForward.com asks you to do. I can not complete the step where it says "We will list a series of lines here that will show you exactly how to forward the ports you need to forward. Warcraft III requires you to forward the 6112-6119 ports. Go ahead and enter the settings shown above into the NAT Rule - Add menu and then click Submit." There is only one problem with this... MY ROUTER DOESN'T HAVE NAT RULE ADD! So I continue on trying to Port Forward, but in the end when I use http://canyouseeme.org/ it does not work, it says, connection timed out. Can somone help me, either with a free easy to use Port Forawarding program or with how to Port Forward The Netgear DG834 v3. Thankyou For your time.

Generally, port forwarding is when you take the port you need open (6112 through 6119-i'm assuming its a TCP port and not UDP?) and you forward it to your local ip address. According to port forward, if that's how your router is supposed to be configured, set it up as follows and where it says LAN server, that would be the IP address of your local computer. (Also-if it's still not working, disable the windows firewall to see if that helps and you should be ok from there)

Back
Top Bottom