What Os is good for an Eee pc 4 gb

dbzkid

In Runtime
I just got my eee pc and its pretty nice, but the xandros is ok, i did the advanced desktop and stuff but would it be better to install like ubuntu or win xp?, i mean like i heard that the xandros was formatted in ex3 which writes more to the hd while if i was to install ubuntu I could do ex2 and it wouldnt write to the drive as much, any sudgestions?

Xandros is a perfect os for that computer, and if you like it i would recommend that your stick with it. As for installing Ubuntu, you could install it with and ex2 file system and be fine. Use whatever Linux or BSD OS you like the most would be my recommendation.

I wouldn't recommend that you use windows, as this was made to be a linux computer and not a windows computer. Yours only has a 4GB HD so that wouldn't make much sense as you wouln't have much space left.

Cheers!

I just don't see the point of having xp on a computer that small. If I wanted a laptop that had xp on it I would buy a normal size one and run that. To me I think that leaving Linux on a laptop designed for Linux is the way to go.

Cheers!

ok Ive installed Ubuntu with Jfs file system, is that any good? a friend of mine told me not to do with ex2 but with jfs because it also dont do alot of writes

Back
Top Bottom