cooling my graphics card

Graphics cards that take up 2 slots generally make alot of noise, take alot of power and are usually huge cards that take up your whole case.. i would just get a one slot if you can and then get that pci fan
That is incorrect. A dual slot cooler is far more affective than a single slot, as they can make full use of a blower fan, which will push the air through a larger heatsink which covers the GPU and memory, and all the heat is exhausted out of the back of the case. The GPU temp is lower therefore the fan can spin slower. A good example of this is the 8800GT reference cooler vs the 8800GTS reference cooler. The GT reaches 90c underload whilst the GTS hovers at around 65c.
but anyways, when i am done playing, the gpu temperature is at 65 degrees celsius, is there any way to make it cooler without replacing the heatsink and fan?
That is more than cool enough. The threshhold of most GPUs is around the 100c mark, far higher than what CPUs can take. 65c under load is cool for a GPU. The reference 8800GT runs at around 90c under load.

My advice would be, if you can spare a PCI slot, then go for a dual slot cooler, they will always be more effective, quieter and all the heat is exhausted out of the back of your case.

Back
Top Bottom