In Runtime
hi,
the other day i went into microsuck and did a windows update where i
chose some of the security updates which downloaded and installed
without a hitch.
funny thing though, tried to get back into MS update for windows and i
click on custom to choose some more updates but it says that it cannot
display the right page.
any ideas as to what might be happening here?

am using winXP pro SP2
am on dial-up hence why i'm careful as to which updates to choose from.

try download xp sp3 you prob need that before it will let you do n e thing else

windows xp sp3 isnt safe to download yet according to microsoft and my computer still does updates and i am only on sp2 so having or not having sp3 isnt the issue id check your security settings or delete temp files and or cookies.

windows xp sp3 isnt safe to download yet according to microsoft and my computer still does updates and i am only on sp2 so having or not having sp3 isnt the issue id check your security settings or delete temp files and or cookies.

umm where are you getting your info from about that ?

i dont for 1 miniute believe that microsoft would release service pack to the public believing its not "safe" i have it on 3 diff computers and its fine

i read it on another computing site on some computers it causes random reboots and crashes and also it was on microsofts own site a few days after it was released they told people that because of a particular issue not to download it and until they have fixed it they have postponed adding it to the monthly windows updates.
and if i remember correctly somewhere on this forum someone who had got it as an update is totally messed up their pc.

i read it on another computing site on some computers it cause random reboots and crashes and also it was on microsofts on site a few days after it was released they told people that because of a particular issue not to download it and until they have fixed it they have postponed adding it to the monthly windows updates.
and if i remember correctly somewhere on this forum someone who had got it as an update is totally messed up their pc.

That was only if you were running a specific utility. There has been an update to fix that. You should update to SP3, all issues are gone.

Back
Top Bottom