Mass photo resizing?

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
OK, so I'm going on a trip and I'm probably going to be taking 200-300 pictures a day (yes, I'm that camera-happy) and I'm going to take them in 7.2megapixels which means they'll be like 2-3MB each which is too much for uploading to Flickr so I want to resize them. I know I can lower the resolution on my camera but I might want to get very large prints of some of these later so I'd rather have them in the best quality possible on my camera as well as lower quality for the internet. Is there a good, free program that can mass resize a folder of, say, 300 pictures in a relatively short amount of time? I don't want to lose quality to the point where they look horrible - 200-400kb per picture would be fine for Flickr.

If your on linux / mac their's an application that will do this for you (GD Library + PERL), but I don't know of a windows app. You may get this to work on a windows PC with PERL installed possibly.

from what i hear this will do it for you ive heard a few people using this for web design,

they have the raw images but then need to make alot of thumbnails.

not sure on exact instructions :?

google "image resizer power toy"
its a microsoft thing. you highlight the pics, choose the dimensions, easy!
edit: im too kind, here it is

yeah i have the "power toy", its great, but not so much if you want them to remain a good quality, in comparison to the original quality, its not too great, but not that bad. good for flickr, photobucket, etc.

depends how much you reduce them. i find the quality is good and the file size is v small

Back
Top Bottom