first ever car

There are more things at hand than just the price of gas there...
It would probably lead to another debate, so let's just say... government funding? Don't you love it when people say "The government should do this..." like the government will wave a magic wand and it's free? :D

but the gov't does tax the shit out of us

the MP's have gotta have their second houses :rolleyes:

it is getting to the point where it is stupidly expensive, im spending £70 a week on diesel (thats $140 a week just to get to work)

the government could cut down on MP's second houses and stupid expenses claims and actually allow people to afford to get to work, im working 7 days a week and i still cant afford it...

but the gov't does tax the shit out of us

When you say 'us' you mean Canada, right? You also have "free" healthcare, correct?

The government taxes us too, the only difference is they tax us a little less here and get absolutely nothing done. It's real nice seeing 15% of my paycheck go into the government's pocket knowing that when I'm 65 I'll be lucky to see a penny of it. And I guess that's about half my tax, the other is just gone, never to return (like any of it will, haha). But what can ya do? lol

And now this is waaaay off topic. I shouldn't have said anything.

My first car: 2007 Chevy Cobalt, but heres the deal: I'm learning how to drive standard and taking my mom's 1999 Ford F-150. I like that truck more than the Cobalt. If the Cobalt were a standard, then I would take it. I have driven a standard before, and personally I feel it is actually easier for me than auto. Plus it is better on gas if you know what you are doing, and you can push what you are driving a lot harder.

I tell you what is fun in that Cobalt though: Kicking it into low gear while going up a hill. Pass by huge trucks and sport cars like they are nothing. It's not bad for a 2.2 4-cylinder engine.

What makes you say autos use more fuel?

Americans feel the pinch of rising fuel costs as much as we do even though its alot cheaper for them - the average uk car is an awfull lot smaller than US cars and so they probably spend similar amounts of fuel as us

@the OP thats great for a first car , at least if you smash it up your not gonna care too much then after a few years when your more experienced you can go out get yourself something newer/more expeinsive if you want

the MP's have gotta have their second houses :rolleyes:

it is getting to the point where it is stupidly expensive, im spending £70 a week on diesel (thats $140 a week just to get to work)

the government could cut down on MP's second houses and stupid expenses claims and actually allow people to afford to get to work, im working 7 days a week and i still cant afford it...

Dont even get me started on the MP's second homes and expenses BS
I understand when they are in london in the house of commons it isnt really practical to be travelling from their constituencies every day if they are in the commons 3 or 4 times a week but they should just build a block of flats near to the houses of parliament and furnish them with the bare essentials and let MP's live in them when they need a place to stay overnight etc

preety sharp looking cars, yeah somewhat a girls car but it would be great if you somke someone in a race with one haha, no bad though how much he give for it man?
wheels_vla.jpg

i don't believe in all this male car/girly car rubbish a car is neither male or female so it shouldn't matter which sex is driving it it's pathetic

Back
Top Bottom