odd monitor/exernal hd problem

convergecult

In Runtime
odd monitor/external hd problem

alright so i had an external case fail on me so i bought a new one and now when i plug it in it causes these like wavy lines to run up and down my screen. i know it is the case because if i turn its power off they stop. i have the case a good 2 feet away from the computer so any ideas? im running it on a laptop with an external lcd monitor

i feel like im shunned from this forums ive asked like 5 questions over the past few months and not a single person has responded...no on can help me with this?

I don't think this is related to the monitor.

I have the same problem with one of my monitors. When I used one of the other 2 monitors I got no lines.

Also check the cable from the monitor to the Laptop.

:)

is the external plugged into the same surge protector/outlet as the monitor? I'm wondering if maybe you are over-drawing the circuit

It's not overloading a circuit, its pretty simple really. The external HD enclosure has a poorly built power supply that is feeding noise back into the AC line, and the monitor has poor power filtering which is letting the noise affect the monitor.

Your not being shunned :) Feel free to PM me or msg me on AIM / MSN or ask a question, the tough ones often get thrown at the bottom of the forum before people like me can even read them.

Back
Top Bottom