My Latest Virus Incident

ive had my computer over 5 years and never had any kind of virus maybe thats luck or the fact im fully protected as i can be.
i used that stealth site that tests your ports and for any vunerabilities usually tells me im in stealth mode and that seems good to me.
i don't fancy having to wipe my pc clean due to a virus ive got alot of stuff on here id rather not lose

i don't fancy having to wipe my pc clean due to a virus ive got alot of stuff on here id rather not lose

You should be doing regular back ups of your stuff, so in the event something happens you don't lose it. I don't have any sympathy for anybody who doesn't back up.

I'm not sure of the last time I had a virus that did anything to my system. A while back for sure. If I've had one recently, it's nothing major at all as it never did anything. I use AVG and turn off the auto scan. I used to use a slower system and had auto scan on and it really slowed it down, so I've always just turned it off when installing. I don't manual scan much either...

I've fixed a system where there was like 100 something viruses. I asked the guy if he wanted me to reinstall Windows (it's his system, so I'm not just going to do anything w/o an approval), and he never gave me a straight answer, so I just installed AVG (uninstalled Norton w/o consent though, lol) and scanned and got rid of most of them. It ran faster, but it probably still had viruses AVG couldn't get, and it probably needed a reinstall anyway. Whatever, the guy paid me quite a bit to me for the work and I gave it back how it was. I guess he was happy with it...

Not viruses, but I've scanned systems with CCleaner, and it came up with like 10 Gigs of temporary crap before... Just scanned my brother's the other day and it was 3 or 4 Gigs.

You should be doing regular back ups of your stuff, so in the event something happens you don't lose it. I don't have any sympathy for anybody who doesn't back up.

I Am So Glad i did a backup,I would swear my life on Acronis True Image.

that's why im gonna invest in a external hard drive as most of my stuff is in gb's and not mb's so one folder aint gonna fit on a cd or dvd etc

now if only i could tell how long my current pc is gonna last i guess i just gotta back it all up and hope for the best

that's why im gonna invest in a external hard drive as most of my stuff is in gb's and not mb's so one folder aint gonna fit on a cd or dvd etc

now if only i could tell how long my current pc is gonna last i guess i just gotta back it all up and hope for the best

Thats excaclty what i do,i have my folder backed up,and then acronis creates and image of my whole hardrive,compresses it,and then save's it onto there.

Back
Top Bottom