Is it worth it?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so when i saw some benchmarks on some 38xx graphics card.
the visiontek 3850 is now selling for $139.99 at micro center
and the visiontek is now selling for $169.99 at micro center
all went up $10.
seeing how the 3870 is only better by 5-10 FPS than the 3850.
is it worth is to pay an extra $30 to buy the 3870 than the 3850?
btw i play at 1650x1050 resolution, and i try to turn on AA, and multisampling whenever i can, if i lag, then i turn them off or lower it.
do you guys know any other places that sell computer parts?
i live in Colorado. Best Buy and Circuit City doesnt seem to have any sale going on, and i dont have a frys near me
thanks in advance

I just bought some things from Mirco Center, i really liked the support. I would spend the extra money for that little amount of juice. Later down the road, it probably will perform better then the 3850 would in newer games.

But RV670 doesn't require the bandwidth increase. If you can find a HD 3870 that comes within $25 of the HD 3850 it's worth it but otherwise, no.

If you run at your monitor's native resolution then you do know you don't need AA running. Its more useful at lower resolutions.

Why can't you use newegg.com? That place is the best and if not try Tigerdirect.com. Online is where you find preatty much the best deals.

And I would wait for June 25. If you have a little more money, Buy the 4870 that is coming out. I heard its around the price range of 275-350.

i dont buy on newegg because i always cant wait to get the item, but at the same time constantly worry about the "what if it arrives DOA". while when i buy from a store, i get it right then and if something happens, i could just take it right back. I went to micro today, and decided not to get the 3850 just yet. i am going to wait for next month, maybe the price of the 48xx series will settle and go a bit lower. or maybe the 38xx will go lower.
i dont really want to spend over $200 on a graphics card, i am on a budget, especially since i am starting college this fall.

i have bought over 2 custom budget rigs from newegg for my family and they ran perfectly, they even overclocked by 1ghz easily. i would buy with newegg teny, trust me the quality your getting will be worth the wait.

what if it arrives DOA?
have you ever bought anything from newegg? i have spent over $1500 on newegg and i havent got anything that was DOA. My brother has spent over $5,000 on newegg for his business and hes never got anything doa.

Go with the 3870 if your gonna play games like Crysis, Oblivion and your using high resolutions and you want to somewhat future proof your computer.

Go with the 3850 if you wanna play games like Counterstrike source, Neverwinter Nights 2 and you dont mind playing on medium for future games.

"Radeon HD 4850 will be released on June 18th, 229$.

Radeon HD 4870 will be released on June 25th, for the GDDR5 supply problem, it will come into the market in July, at 349$."

From some site.

i bought about $700 from newegg.
ive been using newegg about 2 years ago.
i still use newegg, mainly if i find the price about $20 or more cheaper than the stores.
or i dont mind waiting for the product.

I've personally spent about $2000 on newegg, and I've never gotten a defective part from them. You really have to watch out on tigerdirect...alot of that stuff is refurb...

Back
Top Bottom