getting new harddrive...questions

Now my feelings are hurt. I'm not "the right people".
sobbing.gif

this theard was about buying. and i would get more people that know about this problem. (if it has even happened before). you might be the right people(some of you, lol). and i hope you not realy crying cause then i feel bad lol.

the title is fine but the problems your experiencing arent usually associated with a failing hdd that's all we are saying.

so your say i should of created a theard about never ending beeps on bootup. grr. w/e

so do i have a problem never before seen?lol i just put the HDD in this computer and it didnt work either.

so i am still thinking it is the harddrive......hmmm well does WD have a warrenty or help line?

See, here's the thing. The computer will post into the BIOS even if you don't have a hard drive connected.

You said the drive has Win 2K on it. Was it originally installed in the computer you are working on?

ok here is "my" event log with this computer.

i got the computer from a guy and it was all stock.

the drive that came in it was so slow.

so i simply put a WD 40gig drive in it with w2kpro on it and thing(a copy of our other computer)

then i filled the RAM slots with 3x256MB 133mhz

so then i have fun with the computer cause its fast(for me)

i have no problems(the vcard gets burning hot though)

i shop for it.(the computer...mostly fans and vcards)

my mom wants the dsl back on her computer(didnt have wireless yet)

so i do that to make her happy

and i broght down the computer too(just the tower)

and hooked it up in place of my mom computer so i would be running my system and.... still have the dsl downstairs...loop hole?.....no.. i out smarted my mom.

and when i go to turn it on it happened(the problem). it never even goes to the windows loading screen.
and then i took it apart(the computer)

put it back together.

tried it again with the same problem as before

so i put a ramdom maxtor drive in it that had win98 on it.

and it boots up perfectly(just didnt have the windows password)

so i no it works(the computer itself)

i even tryed it with just that drive..no slave drive...

below is the past halfhour

i also tryed the same drive in the computer i am on right now which works cause i am on it. and it didnt boot up.(thats on a computer that work 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after i tried this)

__________________________________________________________-

i have isolated the HDD so much i could be vary sure it is the harddrive.

the only thing i could do know is bring my moms drive i am useing right now to my computer but i dont see what that would prove.

Back
Top Bottom