Hot Hot Hot!

Szat

Daemon Poster
My computer has been running really hot lately and I don't know why. Currently, my cpu is at 36c and my mobo is a 42c at idle. There is no dust inside my case. I clean it regularly. Even if I take the side door off my case my mobo refuses to cool down and even when I stop playing games it won't return to a desired temperature. All my specs are in my sig. I did notice that my mobo temp. increased a lot when I added my sound card a few months ago, but I just don't know why it's running this hot. The air conditioning is even on in my house so I know it's not just the environment it is in. I was thinking about getting a vga cooler. Do you think this will solve my problem? Also, can you recommend one for me. I'm tight on cash so $25 is my limit. Thanks!

you could spend 90 bucks on fan cooling like i did. and get massive heat sinks to. and water cooling.

but it still dont slove your problem. i have no ides why your temp is rising

under load my temps are: cpu 40c, which isn't bad and mobo 47c. It's the mobo temp I'm worried about especially since my computer has shut down automatically for the past two days while I'm gaming because of the temp.

When you touch the NB heatsink, is it burning hot? If it is, it would be wise to strap a 40mm fan to it to get some air blowing across it.

What's your cooling setup look like? We know you have a 9700, which is a good air cooler. Your on a quad, so the CPU will be warmer than a dual core. Do you have intake and exhaust fans?

What's your cooling setup look like? We know you have a 9700, which is a good air cooler. Your on a quad, so the CPU will be warmer than a dual core. Do you have intake and exhaust fans?

that too. you have to have both. but you could have just exhast fans/ just intake fans.and then have vents but then you put your fans to work more.

You could always try what Worshipme said, some air moving over it will cool it down. Has it always run this hot? We are moving into summer, ambient temps directly affect the temperatures of our hardware.

I have two 120mm fans front/rear and my side panel has two openings for ventilation.

try puting intake fans on the side panel to blow air at the mobo and then exhast fans on the front and rear.

Back
Top Bottom