new 1 gig stick of ram :P

It should work as most memory is backwards compatible with slower systems. The PC2700 should run at PC2100 speed in your computer. Try running Memtest to see of the stick is good.

try reseating it several times i thought i fried 1 of my sticks when experimenting between 2 and 3Gb i had 2 X 1Gb in i put 1 Gb and a 2GB worked fine then swapped back to 2 X 1 Gb and it hung tried each stick in each slot and found that it was seated just out, even though i pressed it really hard and couldnt see n e metal pins,

n e ways if u do get it working i think you will see a medium to large performance increase my mate had a 3200+ with 256 Mb RAM and upgraded to 2Gb RAM and he said its like its been bought new again,

obviously he hasnt been on a C2D recently lol but it does help alot

It should work as most memory is backwards compatible with slower systems. The PC2700 should run at PC2100 speed in your computer. Try running Memtest to see of the stick is good.

i cant even get the system booted tho, lol

try reseating it several times i thought i fried 1 of my sticks when experimenting between 2 and 3Gb i had 2 X 1Gb in i put 1 Gb and a 2GB worked fine then swapped back to 2 X 1 Gb and it hung tried each stick in each slot and found that it was seated just out, even though i pressed it really hard and couldnt see n e metal pins,

n e ways if u do get it working i think you will see a medium to large performance increase my mate had a 3200+ with 256 Mb RAM and upgraded to 2Gb RAM and he said its like its been bought new again,

obviously he hasnt been on a C2D recently lol but it does help alot

im going from 512 mb to 1.2 not 146 to 1.2 and ill try when my dad gets home he has the stick on him because he was going to take it back im pretty sure i had it in right tho

i know what your upgrading from im just saying that RAM even though the CPU is old will still help you out

well hopefully tommorow my dad will be able to stop be the store on his way home from work and trade it out. i will post if i get it tommorow

One more thing. Does your computer support 1GB memory modules?

That could be an issue.

Sorry to ignore your messages on xfire. Never really had the time to reply, i haven't been at my home computer these last few days.

I'd look in BIOS see if there is a compatibility setting, or if timings of everything are hard-set. Changing RAM to compatibility mode, or setting everything to Auto could help.

Back
Top Bottom