My Computer is very loud !

mc29mc

Beta member
Hi, I have a Fujitsu Siemns Scaelo T computer and the fan on the cpu is always very loud, my computer fan doesn't meet the CPU target of 60 degrees, my cpu reaches tempreautures of 90 degrees, so the CPU fan will always be loud till I meet the target, what can I do to make my PC quiet again? Thanks.

ouch, turn it off right?

thats so how man.

you need to tell me your cpu socket size and i can tell you where or what heatsink you will need to bring it back down and more quiet

clean the pc. All that dust is making the temperatures higher.
And those temperatures are really high, so there is probably something wrong somewhere. The first thing I'd do is reseat the heatsink.

Yeah, clean any dust, then reseat the heatsink. When reseating a heatsink you will need to reapply thermal paste. Buy some new Arctic Silver 5, then clean off your old stuff. If that doesn't work you will need a new heatsink as your isn't doing a good enough job.

get a copper heatsink. those work so well. i want to get one myself

Prefabbed systems don't normally pay much mind to case ventilation. Most likely it's bad airflow. You can't cool the cpu if the air in the case is hot. Check the front intakes to be sure they are clean and clear of obstructions. Next check the fan in the back of the case to be sure at the least it's running.
If it's a one fan system with that cpu being 3.3ghz, it would be best to have an intake fan in the front and a good high volume fan in the back. Fluid or ball bearing are the best. Cost more but you get what you pay for.
But clean it good before you go tearing it to it. If you smoke around your computer you may have to take the heatsink off and clean it in alcohol. Then put it back using artic silver 5.
I checked the specs on that rig. Nice!

60c is 140f. And 90c is 194f.

Back
Top Bottom