sisters laptop

iamchickenlover

Daemon Poster
i am working on my sisters laptop. it will not burn dvd's it has a dvd burner but it will back up itunes on it but i try to put stuff on directly from windows and it fails!!!! i am back her stuff up cause her computer is going reallllllly sloooowwwwww it takes forever to startup it has not been defragmented in 2 years since she bought it and it has not had antivirus for a few months. i am gonna restore it because it will not let her defragment. you click on the defragment thing and it just will not open. she has an hp dv 8000 with xp media center 2005 it has 1 gig of ram an 1150 ati gpu in it and like a 2.o ghz amd cpu in it. it has 120 gig hard drive. it has a massice screen compared to my laptop.
sorry bout spelling i am tired but i cannot sleep cause room mate is watching a movie and refuses to use headphones. :mad:

well remember you need to format the dvd disk in alot of cases.

also download ccleaner and give that a scan on your computer and reg, then scan it with avg, try a defrag, once that done, download convertxtodvd and well, get ya films up and burn them with that.

i just tried backing up pictures to the dvd but failed so i went out and bought a 2 gig flash drive this morning. the windows defrag won't open is there another free one out there i should use? it is running virus scan right now.will a system re store make it faster? i think it will be cause everything else but the defrag might just do the trick

no i do not need to to it burns music cd's thats all she needs i got the defragmenter working about an hour after my last post and it is only at 54%:(

Back
Top Bottom