sound reative cold cathode question

sully654

Baseband Member
i just built my new computer and bought 2 cold cathode sound reactive lights.. i guess i made hte mistake of putting the sound/inverter inside of hte computer because i guessthere is to much background noise for the speaker to pick up the music and it just dosent work right lol...am i suposed to have hte inverter inside of the computer or on the outside?

I would think you'd put it outside of the computer, but when it comes to things like that, its really just your choice.

i'm really sorry the people at CF never answer anything these days

i just built my new computer and bought 2 cold cathode sound reactive lights.. i guess i made hte mistake of putting the sound/inverter inside of hte computer because i guessthere is to much background noise for the speaker to pick up the music and it just dosent work right lol...am i suposed to have hte inverter inside of the computer or on the outside?

It depends on how loud your speakers are, I would put it on the outside rear of the case for best sound pickup though.

I would think you'd put it outside of the computer, but when it comes to things like that, its really just your choice.

What do you mean? This was only posted an hour or so ago, and its the middle of the day, a lot of people are at work.

Place it outside if you want the lights to react to your music. If they're inside the tower, ambient noise such as fans, hard drive noise, etc. will trigger the lights.

Bad experience? :D

nope:-[

will speakers from a stereo system be compatible with a computer? cause i may buy my brothers stereo system and just hook the speakers to my computer if thats possible

On a lot of cases you'll find the water cooling ports. Normally they have a protective cap that comes off leaving a neat hole. If your case has those you could pop one out and tape the mic over the hole. The ugly little box is inside the case but the mic can hear what's going on outside the case.

They work fine inside the case if you play your music right.
Turn the mic sensitivity down until the fans no longer set it off (you should have a dial on the inverter for this) and turn your tunes up a little.

If you don't have a sub though I could see where the problem lies.

You should get a sound system with a sub. Not just for the purpose of the cathodes, but your music will sound better if it has a little kick behind it.

Back
Top Bottom