new laptop: need advice

well: internet browsing, word processing, photoshop stuff, dreamweaver stuff, a few games, running vista :p

basically i want a nice and fast machine for the summer and which will serve as a kind of desktop replacement, especially if i go to uni. i cant afford to spend £1000's but from what i can see i can get a real nice pc for that price.

as for the battery times, im quoting the dell and sony ones from reviews ive read on the internet. so far the sonys winning, as muz said, its a brand i know and like. id still like some more ideas/tips though

If you want to game on a notebook, you'll be sacrificing battery life and size.

Check out the Lenovo Thinkpad R61, or the Dell XPS 1330.

hmm. the dell is a possibility, but the lenovo just isnt good enough (1gb ram and 80gb hdd just wont cut it).
i only want to game when plugged into power and im no hardcore gamer, so i think the 8400gt that both the dell and sony comes with will be enough

id of suggested evesham micro's but as they are now kinda defunct i can't but good luck with your search as id be interested to know what you end up with as im kinda in the look out for a laptop of my own.

i live 2 mins away from evesham micros. went there for work experience, and the laptops are quite expensive. ill still check them out though. i forgot about them :p

well when you first started this thread my mind kinda went blank i thought of dell but not any others and then it came to me how about evesham micro's so uve got dell levano and evesham im sure others will come up.
i would of said alienware if you was a heavy gamer but they are pretty expensive as far as i know but that's another make i know of.

either im stupid or evesham.com doesnt have any laptops (apart from the £2000 media centre ones).
atm im going with the sony on page 1 of this thread, with the dell in close second. still looking though. especially as i dont want to buy it for about another 2 weeks

i assumed they would have lower priced models seeing as they are a good company no way am i spending £2000 on a laptop my maximum would probably be about £500 but i'll only use it for internet and a few games etc nothing heavy

found another sony. is £540 or something, but only has the 128mb gpu.. aww this is tough :(

Back
Top Bottom