Nvidia 8800gts 512 problem

JCP21

Banned
I would say most definitely it is a heating issue. You can download Ntune and set the fan speed manually to about 60%. That should do the trick. I have exact same set up as you (in my sig) and I know that the fan is factory set at 37%. When I game I usually OC my card as well as set my fan speed to the 60-70% range, any higher and it gets noisy but can still be tolerable if you turn up your volume loud or use headphones. Try not to keep your computer close to any heating source. Overheating happens more frequently in the summer months when the ambient temps in your room increase. I have an air conditioner for my room blowing above the computer so I can maintain low temps.

That's strange, I overclocked by 8800GTS to a 750MHz Core and just left the fan on default speeds, it is completely stable and doesn't get too hot.

not trying to hijack this thread or anything
but have you read about the ESA by NVIDIA
it is a program that gives you a user interface to controll any part of your rig
as long as it is ESA certified
take a look
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_esa.html
it just makes me wonder if every NVIDIA card is ESA certified
or backwards compatiable
i just dont know
and it doesnt say

I can overclock my video card to 801 core and 1166(max) mem with fan speeds at 60%. I can also reach 750 core on default fan speeds. But now the ambient temps are higher in my room so I can only reach 775 core but still max mem. But some people live in places with higher temps (I am in Canada so it is cold 6-7 months out of the year) so it is harder to reach higher or any OC at all if it is really hot in your room.

Hey,

When does this happen while playing? After a few minutes/hours?

Seems like its heat related though. Its one of the graphics pipes overheating within the core, it looks like. The type of artifacts you start to get when overclocking too much in ATI Tool.

Check the temperature within the Nividia graphic drivers. You'll probably have to download Nvidia NTune, which has the temperature monitor built in.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

When you download it, and find it, set it to save the temperature, and play the game. When it starts happening, minimize and look at the graph. If it reaches extreme highs, you know thats the problem.

Anything higher than 120 degrees C is a problem. Anything lower, a GPU can cope with, unless you've overclocked it?

Back
Top Bottom