gunna get a job at macdonald's

i've been working in Logistics for about two years now. Its a pretty good job, i get a lot of benefits, and the pay is amazing too!

altho MacDonals company isnt that bad i wouldnt like to work in that enviroment. would just feel really greasy when i come home from work

Its actually really good.

8.20 an hour no taxes (for people under 16), normal min wage is 8.75 but they take away taxes

50% discount on all food

free meals sometimes

unlimited free small drinks whenever you want

great hours

i could be makin over 400 bucks a month at this job, and this would be my first job.

i'll bring in the application to them tomorrow

Thats a decent first job for you, get out there and experience what it's like to work and have some spending money for yourself, but save some, start a bank account.

would just feel really greasy when i come home from work

Yep, that's how it feels. If working fries, I got a bunch of oil on my arms. If on board, I got a bunch of mustard and vegetable smells on my hands, and mustard remains on my fingernails. On grill I just get all greasy. First thing I do after work is take a shower.

For people that say there's better places to work, it depends on where you live and what is available within efficient driving distance of home. I got nothing close to me but 2 gas stations and a Subway, I have to go about 25 minutes to town (~12.3 miles) to work because there's just not really anything good to work at in my area... There may be places that are good to work at and get you ok money, but if it's 50 miles away it's not even worth the gas money to get there...

meh its a first job cant expect to be going into some 100k a year work for a first job can we i was considering mcdonalds for my first job too

McDonalds is apparently a really good kitchen over here in the Uk, I work in the catering industry at the moment, and McDonalds are very strict.

I work in a small pub, in the kitchen, started last August, and i'm loving it, on £4.90/hr ($9.65)!

Plus we also get the nights tips shared out between us.

Housing is at least 1/3rd more (Sometimes double in a "cheap" area in Canada vs a "cheap" US area), food is around 1/3rd more, gas is an extra buck a gallon, booze is double to triple, electronics are almost the same now (However we don't have lots of highly competitive sales), Internet access is 1/3rd more and we have more taxes!
You can get a rather nice house for 20k in rural NL.

lets see..... ummm.... $14/game at 5 games/week = $70 a week

$70/week at 4 weeks/month = $280 a month

not bad for 40 hours a month...

CNC is what i'm doin. $17 an hour :)

£50-£150 a day

$90-$270 a day

it all depends on how many clients you get, 10 clients a month, 1=150pound thats x10=1500 a month which is about 375pounds a week, ($750)

but i we split the vat jobs half and half, i only share 3 out of around 90 of his clients which gets me a good 75 on each one a week and my 125pound for doing 40hours because im a trainee, but its neat because this is what i have learnt after so many months so he started paying me for doing jobs.

Im really happy atm but thats alot of hard work I have done to get that, takes time.

Back
Top Bottom