My CD drive cannot be found after installing RAM. Help?

arcaderat100

Solid State Member
I installed some RAM today. Then I changed the BIOS settings alittle too, so the RAM would work. But now, I can't find the CD drives. Is it because I messed around with the BIOS settings? I think I changed the boot up procedures. Before, it was supposed to boot from my CD drives, then my floppy disk drives, then my hard drive. But because when it tries to boot from my CD drive, it'll stall and freeze. So I changed it to boot something else first. But now the computer won't detect my cd drive. Both of my CD drives won't work now! HELP!!!

I even went to device manager and checked. My CD drives were not listed there. But it's connected properly. What's wrong?

ok first of all. never change two things between boots. do one at a time so you know what caused it.

maybe you did do that idk. but thats a very good tip. taught myself that one.

and i would set your bois setting to default. then boot up and if that dont work try changing the boot order. put the floopy first. than HDD then secondary primary IDE, than secondary slave IDE. if you are using IDE. but try that order IF the default dont work.
floppy
HDD
HDD#2 if you are running master/slave
and then it dont realy matter what order the CD drives boot in. just put your best one CD first(if one is better).

try only useing one cd drive just to see if it is working.

if that dont work go back to default again and try trail and error ONE CHANG AT A TIME.

and also check you make sure the cable are hooked up and the jumpers are right.

Back
Top Bottom