Obama or McCain?

I like some of that stuff that Obama supports that was posted but...
I hate to say it but removal of nuclear weapons is blatant rhetoric and raising minimum wage will cause more problems that it solves.

How does raising minimum wage cause problems? It's been demonstrated to fix them :)

Personally I'd love salary caps on people high up in company's, for example a CEO can only earn 5 times what the lowest paid manager earns, and the lowest paid employee earns a minimum of a third of what the highest paid manager earns. This is a complex system and my numbers are just an example, but it works great for Japan.

Their is a reason why people can be criminals, minimum wage just doesn't cut it without working an insane amount of hours. Some unexpected thing comes up (Son severely hurts them self and racks up a huge medical bill), and suddenly your totally screwed for money and can't pay for it. Suddenly robbing that bank becomes a good idea.

Why I like McCain:
1. John McCain would strengthen our alliances, keep America safe, and enhance American prosperity by expanding trade.
2. John McCain had the courage to call for a change in strategy that is now succeeding.
3. John McCain will lower barriers to trade. Ninety-five percent of the world's customers are outside of our borders and we need to be at the table when the rules for access to those markets are written.
4. John McCain is committed to and has long fought for restoring fiscal discipline by eliminating wasteful government spending.
5. John McCain will break from the past to lead a great national campaign to put us on a course for energy independence.
6. John McCain understands the threat posed to America by violent Islamic extremists and has the judgment and experience necessary to lead our country to success in this struggle
7. John McCain is committed to keeping taxes low, as well as making the tax code fairer and flatter.
8. John McCain will look for accomplished men and women with a proven record of excellence in the law and a proven commitment to judicial restraint
9. John McCain will make health care more available, affordable and responsive to patients.
10. Only John McCain has a record of working to end Washington's stagnant, unproductive partisanship.
11. John McCain will initiate far-reaching reforms in almost every area of government policy recognizing that many of government's policies and institutions have failed.

1. His idea of keeping America safe is flawed. Invading Iraq was an idea to establish a positive western influence in the middle east, which highly failed. Invading country's DOES NOT keep American safe.

2. What working strategy? The US is hated worldwide and if they are talking about Iraq, its been a failure.

3. Lower barriers of trade, Their's little to no barriers for exporting, but many barriers for importing. This basically means even more crap from China! Turning America into an even more consumer country will not help.

4. Maybe, conservatives are often fiscally smart, but due to the corrupt ties between government and corporation their is still a ton of money being wasted by favors, kickbacks, incentives, etc. However no doubt that you will see some budget cuts to unnecessary things like policing and schools :)

5. Highly doubt it, the party has a VERY strong tie to the oil company's and the worlds largest oil producers. Unless energy independence means invade Canada or Saudi Arabia, which I guess would work.

6. Their would not be Islamic extremists if you guys hadn't have pissed off the rest of the world so much. The US does not at all know how to handle foreign policy properly, and instead focus on a very short term picture that benefits them today.

7. Low taxes, yeah yeah blah blah. Everyone says this one. Don't need lower taxes, need different taxing and salary caps!

8. Look for them to do what?

9. It's still a privately owned health care system, the only way to achieve a proper health care system is to have total control over the health care system or the insurance system.

10. Where's any record of this? Anyways Obama FAR FAR FAR exceeds at this role.

11. Maybe, but unlikely.

It makes me laugh at every election politicians always talk about lowering taxes but spending more on schools and policing and healthcare at the same time and its like how the hell are you going to manage that where is this extra money going to come from

I hate all policticians cos talk is cheap when your a politician you can say anything to get votes

Politicians are politicians and are full of talk. It just so happens that Obama is better at giving speeches and talks a better game than McCain. I think we as the American public are screwed either way. Look at President Bush, I remember hearing him say one time (I think it was during the 2000 campaign) that the more troops we had around the world would lead to trouble. So much for that... Both Obama and McCain will promise anything to get elected, it's politics. Campaigns are simply a game of who is better at lying to the American public.
I'm a McCain supporter, I feel that McCain is best prepared to lead and I agree with a lot of his positions. Of course, there are a lot I disagree with. Obama is a good guy I think but I happen to disagree with a lot of his ideas.

How does raising minimum wage cause problems? It's been demonstrated to fix them :)

Well unless you want to pay $10 to eat at McDonalds or $8 for a gallon of gas, it's not a good idea. It's going to make inflation worse. Either that or cause more unemployment of unskilled workers. You can't just say "Free money for everybody!" without it affecting the economy. It's just a cheap way of fishing for votes.

Dude the stock market crashed today! It lost over 400 points and the price for a barrel of oil went up $10!

yeah your right:

Crude oil closed above $138 a barrel for the first time on Friday, causing the Dow Jones industrials to fall nearly 400 points and increasing fears that that the damage to an already-soft economy from high fuel costs will worsen.

Wtf dude. i thought it was getting better

I'd vote for Obama, but personally I have a feeling that McCain will have an easier time during the election run. America has too many tight-assed hardliners who can't accept the fact that someone who isn't white can indeed be a president, and be a fine president at that.

Back
Top Bottom