Car Thread!

Can anyone say the new GTR is secks on wheel, Amuse already tunned one of these babies. Added front splitter, new wing, modded the CPU, a new exhaust, done some suspension tuning and increased the boost pressures a bit. Already Pushing 600HP and having a faster lap time, im in love with this car.

2298670572_55f5fb6429.jpg

Those are some sick cars.

I agree about the GTR.

You guys have heard my opinion on it so much probably but I'll say it again. As a purist it makes me sad that they are taking more driver out of the equation and making the computer do the grunt work, same thing as the Veyron... but as an enthusiast I can appreciate the drive for better, faster automobiles. Still, I would not own either of the two, just for the principle. Even if it were given to me (i.e. you can't sell it, just drive it) I would turn it down.

In a perfect world, I'm still pretty confident I would drive none other than this:
060824002.3_mn.jpg

I agree about the GTR.

You guys have heard my opinion on it so much probably but I'll say it again. As a purist it makes me sad that they are taking more driver out of the equation and making the computer do the grunt work, same thing as the Veyron... but as an enthusiast I can appreciate the drive for better, faster automobiles. Still, I would not own either of the two, just for the principle. Even if it were given to me (i.e. you can't sell it, just drive it) I would turn it down.

In a perfect world, I'm still pretty confident I would drive none other than this:
060824002.3_mn.jpg

Yeah, same here. As a driving enthusiast I can appreciate the technological advancement of the GT-R, but I'd never drive one. You're like driving a damn PlayStation 3...it just doesn't give you that feeling that you're in control and it's you and you only driving the car.

D-Lew I'm totally with you...if I had a choice between the GT-R and the Caterham Super 7, I'd choose the Caterham hands down. Hell if I had to choose between the GT-R and the E30 M3, I'd still choose the M3. Those cars just give me the satisfaction and fun that drivers cars can give. The GT-R is not a drivers car. It is a brilliant example of how technology can make us go faster, but in the end...all the GT-R really is, is essentially a 3,800lbs+ drivers aid.

Hay Ghost.
Looks like you may need some air in that front tire, and you need to slam that muhhh on some airbags. Do it!

Caterham Super 7

If you want to get technical, that's a CSR260. It's a Ford 2.3 Duratec with ITBs and full Cosworth tuning and all kinds of crazy :):):):) that makes almost 260hp and 200 ft. lbs. taking it from 0-60 in 3.1 seconds.

Unfortunately it tops out around 155, but that's plenty fast for me, especially in a car that comes without doors and a roof.

If you want to get technical, that's a CSR260. It's a Ford 2.3 Duratec with ITBs and full Cosworth tuning and all kinds of crazy :):):):) that makes almost 260hp and 200 ft. lbs. taking it from 0-60 in 3.1 seconds.

Unfortunately it tops out around 155, but that's plenty fast for me, especially in a car that comes without doors and a roof.

Hahaha, yeah that is plenty fast...who cares? You shouldn't be caring about top speed in a car like that. It's not how fast you can go in a straight line, it's how fast you can go through corners. ;)

There's no way you can lose almost 60hp through that transmission. lol
Try maybe 210-ish.

But yeah, I liked the RX-7's better. I even love the FCs.
The RX-8 is no slouch though, there's one I race against that hangs me out to dry on the circuit, but I just got new racing tires so we'll see if I can catch him next time I go out.

guess im wrong..i was comparing it to my civic lol..

Back
Top Bottom