Should I tear my keyboard apart?

I Had a wireless keyboard and mouse,they both went at the same time,Now i have a Cheap ass modded Laser mouse,and a Creative Fatal1ty Keyboard (That is great,Half height keys!!!)

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;803752 said:
Stupid flipping keyboards. I sware I've went through 3 in the past year alone.

Now my Logitech Mx 5000 keyboard is starting to act up on me. The damn shift keys seem to work half ass only with some of the numeric buttons. Like when I want to input a cash symbol or something sometimes it does nothing and others the key works.

I've put new batteries in it and it's still acting up like this. Also none of the media keys or the touch volume controls work anymore. $100.00 freaking dollars for a pile of shit.

It still works for basic typing and such but its annoying having shift keys only work sometimes.

Do you think something is loose inside or is the keyboard just jacked?

On the receiver does it have an led that lights up when you strike a key? If it does, does it light up when you strike the keys in question?
If it does you might consider reinstalling the keyboard software. Or check to see if a setting might have gotten changed.

If it doesn't light up when you strike those keys in question, put in for an RMA from Logitech and ship it back to be serviced.

Wired Microsoft $10 keyboard from Newegg FTW. Had my keyboard for over a year now and it's still working strong. No need for bells and whistles, or to pay $100 for a keyboard for me. I'm not a wireless fan either. I just like my stuff to work...

I have a light-up saitek one (eclipse II) i am with you on this one, not going to switch to anything else. Love this thing. Only problem with it, is that my space bar isn't completely secure, but thats because my sister dropped the keyboard and it flew off, i managed to get it back on and it works fine its just kinda clicks when i press it on either side (not the middle). I'm thinking about getting the new Cyborg keyboard, that thing looks bitchin.

My brother an I had original Eclipse keyboards and they both burnt up in almost exactly 1 year, with the same symptoms. So I hope they fixed that little quirk. :D

Now we both use Ideazon Zboard Merc keyboards. They are fabulous.

On the receiver does it have an led that lights up when you strike a key? If it does, does it light up when you strike the keys in question?
If it does you might consider reinstalling the keyboard software. Or check to see if a setting might have gotten changed.

If it doesn't light up when you strike those keys in question, put in for an RMA from Logitech and ship it back to be serviced.

The keyboard does not have any lights on it. Its just a mini usb hub that transmits to the keyboard/mouse and it doesn't have a light on it either.

Everything works including my bluetooth headset so I don't think the software is the problem.

When typing lowercase the keyboard works great. But say I'm typing and want to put a few letters in caps say left shit plus L it won't type the letter sometimes. I have to hit the right shift key and it will work. But then a second later the left shift key will work again.

I don't know whats going on with it but its frustrating typing at times because you have to screw around to get the letter to come in.

Back
Top Bottom