crysis warhead

esa193

Fully Optimized
Yesterday, Crytek threw up a teaser site for Crysis Warhead, but there were no additional details. We speculated that it could be appearing on consoles due to Crytek's new position against exclusive PC development.
We were wrong. It happens.
Today, EA and Crytek officially announced Crysis Warhead. Hit the jump for details and the press release.
Crysis Warhead is going to be PC exclusive and tells the parallel story of "Sergeant Sykes, also known as ‘Psycho', one of the most memorable characters from Crysis."
It reportedly runs on an optimized version of the Crytek 2 Engine used in Crysis, which could mean that you only need to spend $3000 to run it well.
EA AND CRYTEK ANNOUNCE DEVELOPMENT OF CRYSIS WARHEAD
The Next Installment of One of the Highest Rated Games of 2007 Blasts its way onto PCs this Fall
Redwood City, Calif. – June 5, 2008 – Maximum freedom, maximum explosions and maximum Psycho! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and award-winning independent studio Crytek today announced Crysis Warhead® – the parallel story to Crysis, one of the most critically-acclaimed first person shooters and PC games of 2007. Shipping exclusively for the PC this fall, Crysis Warhead is the first title to be developed at Crytek´s Budapest studio, and is built on a new, enhanced and optimized version of Crytek's CryENGINE® 2 technology.
“We were very pleased with the reception of Crysis from both gamers and media after our launch last year,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “That being said, one of the key principles of our studio is to always raise the bar. With Warhead, we are focusing on refining our storytelling and game performance, while also delivering more of the visually stunning graphics and immersive, free-roaming gameplay everyone loved in Crysis.”
“The best result of a partnership that we can ask for in the EA Partners program is when a world class independent studio like Crytek chooses to continue to work with us,” said David DeMartini, Vice President and Global General Manager, EA Partners. “Crysis was an amazing game and is going to be a blockbuster franchise. We could not be more excited to be working with Crytek to launch another hit with Crysis Warhead this year.”
In Crysis Warhead, players will don the Nanosuit of Sergeant Sykes, also known as ‘Psycho', one of the most memorable characters from Crysis. More brash and aggressive than his Delta Force squadmate Nomad, players will experience Psycho's parallel story during the events of the original game, finding that life on the other side of the island is even more intense and explosive than they ever could have imagined. Luckily, Psycho's Nanosuit is just as capable and he's equipped with an even bigger arsenal of fully customizable weapons and new vehicles, giving players access to the tools they need to dominate any situation. Aside from this new, exciting single player campaign, Crysis Warhead will also feature new multiplayer content. Stay tuned for more details this summer.

633482613580891453.jpg

i wounder what system specs ill need =/

I thought they were going to make a trilogy out of crysis? Why not continue the current story before making more...

Yeah, I know that, but why are they working on this? Why not finish the trilogy then do this...

Or maybe... They have a little change of plans... Where Crysis 2 will be with phyco and Nomad, seperate, and you play each of their story lines, kind of like in COD4, and the animorph books if you ever read them. This will fill in Phycos beginning, so they can go from there...

I wonder if they are going back to that island, because at the end of crysis one of them gets in a plane and says we have to go back .... hm

hmm pretty cool, i almost thought they would make a story that would follow Prophet instead if they were to do this. Pyscho was cool tho and so this should be interesting. I didn't really think about what he was doing the entire time Nomad was wandering around the island.

to be released this fall?? If so I don't think it will be too much more demanding on systems than crysis and will probably use pretty much the same engine type as crysis. I want this one to be an open world game with missions like farcry 2

Carnt wait for Far Cry 2 , just light the grass on fire and mission complete

To be honest if this game is based around Nomad going back to the same island to rescue prophet I will be skipping the sequel. I don't care how good it looks I'm not going back to that Island that was so half ass done after the aliens froze everything.

IMO the game would have been much more fun if they just skipped the dumb ass aliens altogether.

My guess though would be he goes back to the island and prophet gets himself onto one of the ships. Then you have to chase him on and fight the aliens on there home ship and maybe be brought back to there home world. If something like that was the case I may consider it but I'm not buying it to replay the area I just beat.

Back
Top Bottom