new laptop: need advice

dude_se

Proper Legend
thought id post it here :)
so yea, im in the UK, need a new laptop. looking to buy off amazon or from the high street, or any trusted/well known internet shop.
looking for some ideas on models, gpu's, etc.
max im willing to spend it about £600. im looking at vaios and acers atm, but dont mind that much.

thoughts>?

well i wasnt going to do any heavy gaming, but did want to do some, for example san andreas, cod2, etc. basically just the odd game to tide me over.
ive never been a huge fan of dells, but i will deff look into it. im more worried about the looks of it. they are ugly arnt they?
edit: this is one of the ones ive been looking at. the review was generally good with only a few flaws. its a sony and has blu ray, as well as a few nifty extras, and is £399, just like the xps would be if i customised it abit. link

i think the dell spec i linked wouldnt have any issues with them games ,
as for dells ive just gotr a new dell laptop and its pretty good , decent spec and i dont think its that ugly although i have an inspiron not an XPS , as for the sony one isnt it £699 thats what the price on the link is ,I didnt consider any other brand when i was buying my laptop except dell but from what i hear sony is always a good brand and i liked acer

the sony is £599 if you click on the 8 new and used for £599 bit (its still new).
ok so far ive chosen these 3:

dell xps (customised to around the £600 mark)
sony
and the acer

all simular spec and price. the acer was my first choice, but read reviews and its meant to be ugly, although ive seen one and i like it :confused:
the dell probs gets the best review, with sony in close second, then the acer last, which is another reason ive gone off it.
the sony basically offers blu ray aswell as being a top brand, and being very sexy. it has the same gpu as the dell (the upgraded 8400 gt with 256mb) and other simular things.
basically its between the dell and the sony. oh i forgot to mention the dell is meant to have better battery life, which isnt a big issue, but is still something i need to consider

well i have also seen one of those acers and i didnt particularly like it looks a bit childish to me

as for Dell V Sony IMO this is a win win choice i mean if you wait a few weeks you might get a better dell offer cos they chop and change them all the time , like a day after i got mine they offered free colour upgrade on my model line which i wasn't too pleased about

But anyway yer either way your going to get a good laptop , i would go with dell but thats cos its a brand we have a desktop and a laptop off and we have no problems with either , another company to consider as well is mesh computers they sell custom laptops

mesh where a tad bit out of my price range when i was buying a laptop but they are within yours

ill look into them. thanks. so far the sonys winning. its just a brand i feel safe with
edit: both seem around the same price as the laptops ive found

like i said above sony vaio V dell xps both is a win win situation from my point of view so just go with the one you think looks better or the brand you trust more etc
as for the extra battery life they are just advertised battery times we all know what they advertise and what really happens is different

ill look into them. thanks. so far the sonys winning. its just a brand i feel safe with
edit: both seem around the same price as the laptops ive found

List some specific things you'll be doing with your notebook.

Back
Top Bottom