xbox 360 or PS3?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so right now, i am wagering on what system to get.
right now, i have $340, enough for a 360, but not enough for a ps3, but i got some people that would lend me the extra $100.
i like how the ps3 graphics are, but there seems to be more fun games on the 360.
the fund i am pulling out of is from my pc fund.
i was thinking of getting a 3870, and another 2gb of ram.
so its either making my computer better, or getting a 360 or a ps3.

I like the 360. PS3 throws too much bloom and HDR into the mix usually.

PS3 has a cell processor and an RSX graphics chip which is way more advanced than the 360. But because of the complicated cell processor structure software companies are not ready to take advantage of that power. So in the long term the ps3 is a great choice
References:
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3155393

Also Ps3 supports folding@home (http://folding.stanford.edu/) which can help to find the cure for cancer and many other diseases:

What is protein folding and how is folding linked to disease?
Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.

Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.

Look at the contribution that the ps3 makes in this project:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=osstats
Windows: 188 Tflops Ps3: 1503 Tflops

All you do is run this program while your not playing and you can help.. you can even join a team and gain points.

So yeah if i were you, i would go with the ps3

you're not going to get an unbiased answer. This will only turn into a debate between Xbox 360 and PS3 fanboys.

I think the Xbox-360 is more worthy of a buy, but that fan annoys me while playing games. On the other hand, the PS3 has a Blu-Ray drive so is future proof for movies, but Blu-Ray players/drives are dropping in price now, and by the time they become mainstream, will be as cheap as DVD.
PS3 supposedly has more power than the Xbox-360 though, at least in games that you are on both that have been tuned for both consoles, no real change is ever seen, though Metal Gear Solid 4 seems to look amazing, but could it not run on the Xbox 360 if given a chance? Who knows.

You'll end up in this generation though, to find a lot of games come out on both. Its up to you in the end.

PS3 has the upper hand in online gaming in offering free play, whilst the Xbox-360 requires you to buy a gold licence to play games, which is around £30 a year, or $60 there abouts, which i guess isn't so bad.
In exchange, I believe you do get a better service with the 360, and a lot more download content.

In the end, I have both, but I do use my 360 a lot more, as it is more a part of my living environment.
It also supports VGA, which the PS3 does not support, so I can plug the Xbox-360 up to my monitor, whereas with the PS3 I can't probably without a lot of trouble.
That said, some monitors are now supporting the digital standard of HDMI so this would indeed now be possible.

That is all I have to say really.

This is the logic I used when I made my purchase. I have a decent gaming rig and most of the 360 exclusives are also on the PC like Bioshock for example. Well the PS3 is getting Bioshock after all but thats besides the point.

The fact is why would I get a 360 when I have a PC that has most of the exclusive 360 games? Most of the exclusive PS3 games stay on the PS3. Thats why I got a PS3 not to mention it has Blu Ray with 2.0 profile support now.

So if you have a HDtv your also getting a player for the latest gen of Hi def movies and a great gaming system with built in Wifi. Not to mention you get free online access to play all your games vs paying for it with live.

Your current rig in your sig looks decent and should play the latest games on a decent setting still. I'd save that extra bit and get the PS3. You can always get the 360 games on your PC.

PS3 has the upper hand in online gaming in offering free play, whilst the Xbox-360 requires you to buy a gold licence to play games, which is around £30 a year, or $60 there abouts, which i guess isn't so bad.
In exchange, I believe you do get a better service with the 360, and a lot more download content.

Xbox Live is a much better service than the PSN, you get what you pay for and all that. I don't mind paying the £40 a year because it's the price of one game and look what you get, you get unlimited online gaming, immediate demo downloads (silver members have to wait), movie downloads, messaging, private chat with friends who aren't playing the same game as you, a proper unified friends system so you can invite your friends to your games, arcade games, wallpaper and theme downloads...

The PSN is free for a reason. It's kind of laggy at times and seems awfully hacked together, none of its features are standard between games and it lacks simple things like in-game messaging or game invites, stuff which has been standard on the 360 since launch. That said, they do say the arcade games available for PS3 are better than the 360s ones because Sony actually have some kind of quality control.

I will probably buy a PS3 but, to be honest, half its library right now consists of dodgy ports from the 360.

Back
Top Bottom