Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music Issues

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hey guys.
I've had this X-Fi Xtreme Music for a long time, it's beautiful. Of course, Auzentech and ASUS seem to be releasing some sweet stuff. Anyway...

Sometimes, and it's only happened recently, I will startup the PC and ALL sound will sound as if its coming from earphones that aren't on... you know, very tinny, unreadable. If I turn up my speakers, I can still hear that tinny tone but it's just louder.

To fix this, I have to change my mode to something else and then back (like, to Audio Creation and then back to Entertainment), and then it works fine.

Any ideas why this is happening? Thankyou!
-Rhys

Yeah, I get this sometimes too. Its to do with the Entertainment mode, but I use the Audio Creation mode now at all times, since I much prefer my speakers handling bass/treble than the drivers doing it, as it offers a clearer sound.

Try updating the drivers though. Some new ones have been released, and I still haven't had chance to yet.

Yeah, I get this sometimes too. Its to do with the Entertainment mode, but I use the Audio Creation mode now at all times, since I much prefer my speakers handling bass/treble than the drivers doing it, as it offers a clearer sound.

Try updating the drivers though. Some new ones have been released, and I still haven't had chance to yet.
I have XP Home.
I have the Audigy 4.Where do you set "Audio Creation" ?
Have you tried useing the Graphic Equalizer ?
Do you have Vista and asking for my FAQ about this or replying to
RhysAndrews ?

Creative FAQ.
Creative ALchemy
Sound Blaster X-Fi and Audigy owners can have their EAX® and 3D audio restored when playing legacy DirectSound3D (DS3D) games on Windows Vista™. An additional 42 DS3D games have been added in the latest update!

Get your Vista update drivers there.

I was commenting on the problem RhysAndrews has, and how I get it with the drivers I have on XP too.

Audio Creation mode is a special mode which basically to me has a much better sound than the standard Entertainment mode, and offers more control.
I don't get all those fancy bass/X-Fi enhancements etc that Entertainment mode offers, but I don't really want them in the first place

I was commenting on the problem RhysAndrews has, and how I get it with the drivers I have on XP too.

Audio Creation mode is a special mode which basically to me has a much better sound than the standard Entertainment mode, and offers more control.
I don't get all those fancy bass/X-Fi enhancements etc that Entertainment mode offers, but I don't really want them in the first place

I just want to know where Creative puts these options.
I can' find anything resembling Entertainment or Audio Creation to try them.
I have the latest drivers and know of any others.
I'll decide what MY EARS will hear.

Audigy 4 isn't in the X-Fi range, so you probably won't get the function.

But if you do, it'd be in the Creative Audio Console.

Audigy 4 doesn't have the function, no.
I have Windows XP Pro. I'll try out using audio creation mode, because I do like higher quality sound, but I found that the X-Fi Crystalizer seemed to make a beautiful difference.

I'll also look at the new drivers, thankyou!
Any more suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards
Rhys Andrews

Audigy 4 isn't in the X-Fi range, so you probably won't get the function.

But if you do, it'd be in the Creative Audio Console.

Thanks.i just discovered the Audio Console.Lots of options but not by
the names Creation or Standard.I have been useing the Creative Task Bar
Volume Control Panel instead of Windows Volume controls.
But i plan on getting X-Fi card.But now i basically use default
settings,except in the EAX CONSOLE as Audigy 4 calls it.
This will be my new card since i now have the right motherboard.

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=669&product=16770

Don't get it.
I used to have it and I swapped for the X-Fi XtremeMusic. Having Pci-Express didn't improve performance for me, I noticed no difference. And, XtremeMusic doesn't have all the modes like Game Mode, Entertainment Mode, and Audio Creation mode.. It's basically a stripped down X-Fi. Awful.

-Rhys

Back
Top Bottom