Problem with DvD burning

DEvok

Baseband Member
i have a Benq laptop intel duel core 2ghz with 2gigz of ram running windows vista, and lately i have been experiencing bad burn failures wasted dozens of tdk Dvd's this problem did not occur before untill this month, i used to burn with nero 8 and nero vision, and nero 7 isnt compatable with windows Vista" iv tried from uninstalling, format, using varities of burning applications, and my blanks have failed misserably, when buring normal data, it burns from 70-80% and my blanks screw up, while conversions, all fail using nero and nerovsion, nerovsion converts 100% fine but till the start up of the burn, it fails, could it be my cd burner is faulty? it can read Cd/dvd;s fine tho" any help would be great. thanx

Is ASPI setup properly on your computer? I am unfamiliar with how Vista handles ASPI but if it is anything like 98, 2000, and XP then you need to setup ASPI yourself. I realize that your burning was working fine a month ago but nevertheless I think that making sure that ASPI is properly setup is a good first step to take (especially if you've formatted recently). See here for some general help: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/aspisetup.cfm and http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/aspi.htm

the thing is it wasnt working even before format, and sometimes if im lucky it burns but very little chance i think its faulty????

so if it is not my drive, why didnt i have this problem from the start??? and why doesnt any other burning programs work??
by the way , nero 8's are made for vistas..

people still have problems with nero 8 and vista.. thats why i suggested nero lite.

heres something else you can try:

Has nero 8 asked you to install directx 9.0c? cause if it didnt you need to..
even though vista has directx 10 built in you still need to install directx 9.

If that doesnt work its probably your drive.. have you gone in your case recently?

well i had 10 all this time, im goin to give dirrect 9 a a shot, all i dont understand is if its a compatibility problem why after more than 100 dvd Compilation burns/convertion works out untill a random time it started to screw up? AND also i said other burning tools dont work either, could u explain that?except for one but that program took loooong time to burn... thanx.

Back
Top Bottom