Yay Dreamcast

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
I just got my dreamcast. Well, I just ordered it I guess.

Don't ask why. I don't care about the controller cord coming out the wrong end, or "how much they suck." I'm a fan.

It comes with Marvel vs. Capcom 2, which is super rare and still sells for like $50+ by the way, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, and NBA 2k2. (lol :D )

And the coolest part is... I just learned how easy it is to play "backed-up" games on them. You can just burn it to a CD-R. Also you can get a boot disk and run NTSC-J and PAL games without even touching anything. No modchip needed. SWEET!

It will probably be here middle of next week and by that time I imagine I will have several "backed up" games waiting for it. :D

The Dreamcast was an amazing console. I still have it stored in the kitchen with all the games, and it still works. It stopped working, but amazingly, we found the 5 year guarantee, which the store did not want to keep the merit of, but we got it sent off and fixed :D

Echo The Dolphin is a must have (I'm still meaning to complete that, as I got about half way through),
and even though I'm alot older now, Rayman 2: The Great Escape is still amazing, and if I had time, I'd play that through again too.

Yeah I had trouble finding Ecco, but as soon as I do I'll grab it.

Working on Power Stone 2, Capcom vs SNK, DOA 2, Ferrari F335 Challenge, etc. right now.

Red Dog is another excellent game I played the demo of, and actually wish I bought the game of:
http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/160/160961p1.html

Keep posted also, as I've been really thinking of modelling the dreamcast and the games I have. You'll find it in the Media section when I do along with the Logitech system I have up now.

my cousin gave me his couldnt find any games so i got that boot disk
resident evil is mad fun =P

Ecco is amazing!! And the classic Dead or Alive 2, and the wonderful RPG Grandia 2!!! Wow, all those memories in that system!!

Of course.

You might find this interesting, the Dreamcast is essentially a less powerful NAOMI board, which is what Sega used to drive tons of arcade games that were ported straight to the DC. Marvel vs Capcom 2, Crazy Taxi, DOA2, and many others.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=721

Back
Top Bottom