Under what conditions wouldyour GPU, if at all....

Shantei

In Runtime
..cause your system to restart? I don't think the GPU getting too hot would cause it to restart, the application would just stall, until it cooled down. What conditions are there?

Thank you very much.

The only time my GPU caused my system to fail was after I OC'd it.

I took it too far and my system locked up, got the black screen and then my BIOS screen.

Driver incompatability errors, bad drivers, failing vram usually gives artifacts, failing core usually gives freezes, restarts (without bluescreen) are "normally" caused by psu so a dodgy psu "may" have a part to play depending on which gpu you're talking about.

Have you overclocked. Does it do it at or before you desktop, or when you start to do something graphic intensive?

Well, just my mates computer freezes and crashes quite randomly .. usually weird lines come up, grey or something and sometimes it restarts. I don't think it's his GPU temps, but I think it i the GPU ... so what could it be?

Well, just my mates computer freezes and crashes quite randomly .. usually weird lines come up, grey or something and sometimes it restarts. I don't think it's his GPU temps, but I think it i the GPU ... so what could it be?
weird lines sounds like overheating/failing ram.

You say you don't think it is temps but what is the card and what are the temps?

6800GTX .. Getting up to late 80s .. which is warm, but not machine restart temps really.

Hey, i get the same problem with my BFG 9800 GX2. It isnt overclocked at all, but i maually cranked the fan up to 70%. GPUZ doent show any RPMS though.. But yeah, so i can play AoC everything max, but when i start Combat Arms (Closed beta) it just restarts the whole pc entirely. Is there a new rivatuner or GPUZ out since the begging of may im missing? I heard there was a driver for 5/31 and i cant find it. the one i have is from 5/2

Well, he says that it's always been like this, so why's it happeneing now? No build up of dust either.

Back
Top Bottom