Driving lessons

isman91

Beta member
Hi all

I'm 17 and had my first driving lesson on the Sunday that's just gone. It went quite well, to start with I just practised stopping and starting, then did some simple turns, and for the last half an hour of the lesson or so (total lesson length is 1 hour) I drove around main roads stopping at traffic lights, going up to about 30mph in third gear...It all went quite well. At the end of the test, I booked another one for Wednesday

Had the lesson on Wednesday, and that went OK too. Went into a side street, and practised my clutch control and quite a lot of left turns, then moving on some right turns. Did a couple of 3 point turns, that went OK. On the way home, encountered a couple of mini roundabouts and some junctions that I had to give way at. I've got another lesson booked for this Saturday

My main question is how many driving lessons should I be taking on average? I've been looking around the internet, and found that it varies on the individual. At the end of my first lesson, I asked my instructor when I should book my next lesson and he said "whenever you want - The more lessons you take the quicker you'll learn."

From Saturday, I'm thinking about taking 1 lesson every other day. I'm gonna mention this to my instructor and see what he thinks, and whether it will be a waste of time/money or it'll be better for me and help me pass faster. But just wanted to see what your opinions are, and if there any instructors here that could chip in that would be great.

Thanks for reading, and any questions just ask - I'm in the UK btw

Well, I'm 16 and I got my driver's license a couple months ago. It does vary on the individual. I also found that it is easier and quicker if you relax. I had 40min of driving for a week everyday. But before these "lessons", I already had 10 hours of driving. If you can do weekends, I think you should do Saturday and Sunday, then Wednesday. Mostly because if you're in school and such it would be better for you. Those were the days I got my lessons from my dad. I just put Wednesday in there in case you want to be driving more often.

id say 10-20, i had 17 before i passed my test.. been driving well over 2 years now, and trust me it gets boring after a while.. i hate driving now.. same stretch of the M11 every day to and from work..

good luck :) hope you dont get bored with driving as quickly as i did!

everyday you sit behind the wheel should be a driving lesson. I know i did driving school for the insurance discount...and there was 10 hours in car practice aka driving around and practicing all the different driving techniques and stuff. But to only do the 10 hours, and think you're an amazing driver isn't true.

You need to sit behind the wheel daily starting off as a new driver, you want to get as much driving as possible. I know thats what i did, and i feel a lot more comfortable behind the wheel, and less nurvous or scared on the streets.

Its really up to the individual, but remember, practice and practice will make you better...so get behind the wheel as much as you can mate!

What makes you randomly register on a computer forum, and have your first and only post being post about driving lessons?

I'll have had 30 when I take my test :p
My excuse is apparently, the intelligent people always take longer to get hang of it (supposedly), because its just too simple, and my mind thinks of other things, etc haha

What makes you randomly register on a computer forum, and have your first and only post being post about driving lessons?

Yeah its very odd.

You should probably be ok with about 20 lessons but just see how you go and when you feel ready book the test. It doesn't matter if you fail just re take it.

And some people never get bored of driving, I certainly don'ts

Back
Top Bottom