Wtf...

you can't blame the doctor you went swimming and now it's weeping and oozing.
sorry but you should of let it heal more or put a water-proof dressing on it and then go swimming.

Yeah going swimming like right after you get something cut out or operated on isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.
Its like getting your knee stiched, then going skiing, or biking...obviously there is a chance you could rip the stiches out of your knee.

So really its not your doc's fault, you took the chance...and i guess now you have more recovering to do.

Well hope you feel better...and hope all gets better soon :)

Well. I had stitches for a week. In that week I did nothing but sit in front of the computer. She said that after 3 days or so I could do sports as long as it wasn't contact sports. So in the last 2 days that's what I did. Then yesterday when I got the stitches removed I asked her if it was fine if I went swimming. She said it had recovered enough to go. I didn't fully believe this so I put antibiotics and a water-proof band-aid. Well my mom did. When I returned home I took the band-aid off and there was a big hole there. I think the band-aid might have opened it idk. Well, my mom then put some fake stitches on it (pretty much just taping the skin around together). She's done this before and the doctor before didn't have a problem with the fake stitches. Well today I took it off to put more antibiotics and the hole was slightly bigger. So this time we just put a band-aid. I called the clinic I went to and they left the doctor a message just to call me back.

@GhostFL - A bit hard for me to take a pic. I'll try next time that I put antibiotics on if I remember. It looks really gross.

I have had 3 moles removed, and I think they had me keep the stiches for 3 weeks usually... But I have a scar at each one now, so no matter what, it will scar up man...

Oh, it will heal up eventually, lol. What happened? Did it rip apart where the stiches had been holding it togethor?

Yeah. Well she took the stitches out. It bled a little. I went home. Looked at it. It was closed and well. Left for the pool, took the band-aid that I put on out, and there was a hole. Now my mom said it got slightly bigger...

edit: Doctor called back. She told me to do what you guys pretty much said. Except that if it is infected (yellow or super red) I have to call back.

Do you that disinffectant stuff on it daily? I for the name of the liquid. I had to put it on twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom