? regarding BlackBerry 8130

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
I am looking at putting a GPS program on my blackberry. I have seen it possible on other phones, and i know my phone has GPS capabilities but my provider (Bell Mobility) wants to charge me for the usage of it.

Does anyone know of a FREE GPS program that works on a BlackBerry? something similiar to TomTom.

thanks!

Google Maps has a GPS feature, Nothing that is voiced though. I have TeleNav on my Blackberry, Granted once you buy the software its free taking into account you have an Unlimited Data Plan.

All the Free GPS programs don't even amount or compare to the paid or subcriptive ones. Being cheap doesn't always benefit you. Your luck, You find a free GPS program but It's CA maps are confused with Arizonas! Haha

Good Luck on that one kid.

i don't have an unlimited data plan, so using a GPS with data isn't an option. I was hoping there was something out there that would be very small cost.

Google Maps has a GPS feature, Nothing that is voiced though. I have TeleNav on my Blackberry, Granted once you buy the software its free taking into account you have an Unlimited Data Plan.

All the Free GPS programs don't even amount or compare to the paid or subcriptive ones. Being cheap doesn't always benefit you. Your luck, You find a free GPS program but It's CA maps are confused with Arizonas! Haha

Good Luck on that one kid.

I used to use google maps on my Tilt but after I used Microsofts Live Search it blows google maps out of the water. I don't know if you can get it for blackberry though. It will beep when you approach your turn as well as well as track your movements and let you know how far till the next turn.

I thought it was sweet watching it count down the miles like 3.52 miles to 3.50 miles all the way down then beep at the turn. The arrow even points in the direction the cars facing with full satellite views. Automated tracking were with google you have to drag along to watch the gps move.

Not to mention you can plug your GPS location in and do searchs to find the local bars/clubs, golf courses, restaurants, check movie listings. Also provides full contact info for each search with 1 touch dialing. It came in handy over memorial day when we couldn't decide on a golf course. Just did a live search picked one we hadn't been to, plugged that in as the destination and used home as current GPS location. Tapped the dial number listed in live search, called them got are tee time and we were off. GPS was dead accurate.

By far the coolest most useful application I have on my phone.

@ lukaszr how are you going to get a phone like that and not buy a data plan? Thats like buying a computer and not getting internet for it. Wouldn't it of just made more sense to buy a simple phone if thats all your using it for?

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;803638 said:
@ lukaszr how are you going to get a phone like that and not buy a data plan? Thats like buying a computer and not getting internet for it. Wouldn't it of just made more sense to buy a simple phone if thats all your using it for?

I have an iPhone with no data plan. Some people simply don't need it.

thank you for the link to the Amaze GPS

Also, i do have a data plan, unlimited for my email. As i don't really spend much time on the internet with my phone, i only stuck with email. I'll look into getting an unlimited data plan soon.

Back
Top Bottom