Time for a new build(1100 dollar budget)

i really wanted to run 2 9600gts in sli..im trying to salvage that along with the tv tuner and soundcard..don't really want a 150 dollar paperweight lol

How many times have I said this? DDR3 is no benefit whatsoever to an Intel platform as bandiwidth is only as high as the FSB. For example, if you are running a 400 FSB. Bandwidth is limited to DDR 800, anything over that will not bring any performance benefits.

I'm still not fallowing u worshipme... Can u clear this up for me a bit please? here is the specs of the mobo.

790I MOBO:

FSB 1600/1333MHz

Memory: DDR3 2000(OC)/1800(OC)/1333
Support for up to 2000 MHz SLI-Ready Memory with EPP

And here is the ram: Speed DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

i really wanted to run 2 9600gts in sli..im trying to salvage that along with the tv tuner and soundcard..don't really want a 150 dollar paperweight lol

Well then u dont need DDR3 then... coz 9600 will bottleneck this PC...just stick with my 1st build. :)

Yeah i think ima stick with the first build..i don't game enough or overclock to need something that crazy.

I'm still not fallowing u worshipme... Can u clear this up for me a bit please? here is the specs of the mobo.

Set the FSB to 400 and that's 12.8GBs of bandwidth. DDR 800 = 12.8GBs bandwidth. Any higher memory speeds achieved by changing the divider would be bottlenecked by the FSB.

i confuse myself reading this and it tell me i still have alot to learn before i try a build.

Back
Top Bottom