Car Thread!

Proud new owner of this baby right here:

0b66d733.jpg

I'll get some real pics soon, thats one of the dealer pics.
1994 Camaro Z28, 6 speed LT1 motor :D I need to practice manual but I'll get it soon!

Have fun with it, F-bodies are awesome. It won't take long to get a hold of stick.

A six speed as in 1-6? Wow, thats awsome, I didnt even know they had that. Gotta love V8 power man!! How much did that run you? And I want a report on gas mileage, lol. And tell me how long your rear tires last...

Gas mileage in those things isn't bad if you keep the foot light. I've heard upwards of 24 highway.

A six speed as in 1-6? Wow, thats awsome, I didnt even know they had that. Gotta love V8 power man!! How much did that run you? And I want a report on gas mileage, lol. And tell me how long your rear tires last...

Depends...some gearboxes count reverse as one of the gears, so it goes R-1-2-3-4-5. His might be R-1-2-3-4-5-6 though...not sure.

Its 1-2-3-4-5-6-R, at 55 mph in 6th it runs about 1200-1500 RPM lol :D Thats how they can get such good mileage for the size of the engine

Yeah, those V8s really arent as bad as some people make them sound...

Its the high torque engines that really burn gas in acceleration. Like the Ford 351, 5.4L. And mine is a higher torque engine for a V6, which is why it gets the same or worse mileage than the 302, 5.0L.

How big is the engine in the camaro? I dont know chevy engines very well.

It's a 5.7L 350
Nice! I want to get a V8 in my truck... I am going to wait though, I have decided, if I get the presidential scholarship at MSOE, I will celebrate by dropping a 302 or 351 in my ranger... Then I can go the track with my friend who has a mustang, and he always teases me about my ranger, and then I will smoke him, lol.

Back
Top Bottom