Power Question?

bball1102

Solid State Member
I was wondering if I would need to get a power supply. I have an HP a6460t and I am interested in getting this 8800gs video card. I was wondering if i need to get a different power supply. The current power supply is 300W. Some people have told me i need to get a better power supply and some people have told me i need to upgrade.

That video card has a pci-e power cord, i wouldnt even attempt at trying that with a 300 watt hp power supply.

Try to look for a video card without a pci-e power cord. you will still be pushing it but it'll work. for example: GeForce 8600GT

That video card has a pci-e power cord, i wouldnt even attempt at trying that with a 300 watt hp power supply.

Try to look for a video card without a pci-e power cord. you will still be pushing it but it'll work. for example: GeForce 8600GT

So if i were to upgrade to that card, I wouldnt need to get a different power supply I could just just hook it up to the computer and it would work

Yes i am running a Geforce 8600GT right now. and my dell power supply (my dell is a E5150) is worse than your hp. Ran crysis at max for like 6 hours straight no problems.

If i were you i would get a 8600Gt instead of the 8800gs. its cheaper, you wont have to buy a new power supply and its only 5 frames slower than the gs .

Yes i am running a Geforce 8600GT right now. and my dell power supply (my dell is a E5150) is worse than your hp. Ran crysis at max for like 6 hours straight no problems.

If i were you i would get a 8600Gt instead of the 8800gs. its cheaper, you wont have to buy a new power supply and its only 5 frames slower than the gs .

So i can get one of those 8600gt's from newegg.com and they will fit on my computer and i wont need to get a different psu, also how hard is it to change a video card. The only thing that have changed in a computer is ram.

Back
Top Bottom