another new comp

stiles1

Baseband Member
hey i need a comp for work. i am being told that i can get a dell or build one, so i am looking to build one. this is not my first time building one, but i'm looking for suggestions on what to get. i am being given a budget of $2,000 but that is including the os windows office and a monitor.

i'm looking to get a 19" widescreen monitor and a mobo that will allow me to upgrade to ddr3 eventually.

looking to get this case http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16811129154 i need to get a semi reserved case, can't have one that is glowing all diferent colors.

basically it will be used for cad, digital imaging, and a excel program that is like 8gb big. and believe it or not but actually takes a while to load on a dell computer that was considered strong last year.

so i need suggestions on what to put in the computer. and i am not looking to overclock it. if i wresck any parts the replacements are coming outa my pocket.

whats really the point to ddr3? theres barely any performance difference

good point, i'm hoping in a year or two there will be a difference, but then again in that time i can just upgrade.

and the os i'm not sure if the xp i have was a single download or multi, so if thats the case i'm gonna go with that. if not, i'm going to go with one through my school. i can get $30 off on vista ultimate

You probably get retail version from your school which is a crapload more than an oem version.

You probably get retail version from your school which is a crapload more than an oem version.

are you saying the schools version might be worse or better?

anyways, i'mm looking at changing the monitor to this, cheaper and higher contrast ratio
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009127

changing the heatsink to
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118223
they are more expensive and a pain in the ass to get in, but i have a 120mm in my home computer and find no complaints, plus i hate the pins on the others

and was there a reason you aren't having my go with the memory standard 1200???

Oh a thermalright bolt kit will work on the Xigmateks. I put a 92 because you said no ocing. Schools version will be the same but It will probably be more expensive.

I just smacked a monitor on there since there are so many options. The one you just listed will be fine.

You just confused me about your go with memory standard 1200. I told you I don't know much about ddr3 so I would build you a ddr2 system. I think there are some board out there that support both, but I'm not sure of it.

EDIT
Actually I think it is one or the other.

i gotta look into the bolt kit, the schools vista ultimate is at $130 thats why i even consider it. the motherboard says that the standard memory is 1200

thinking about it i agree ddr3 is pretty much pointless

i'm gonna worry about os later, gotta talk to the companies comp guy what he says for os is final so i'm gonna deal with software last.

anyways any specific reason your pushing me towards that heatsink? i really don't know much about them other than i should pay attention do decibil rpm and fan size and in my case pins since i hate them

Back
Top Bottom